Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic @ Montgomery County Predictions

Featured Replies

So how does this one play out? Two teams that may very well meet in the later match that determines who goes to state.

 

Does either Coach hold anything back, or is it flat out ?

If CCH wins without Brice Day -- and I have no doubt they can -- that's a pretty strong showing. If CCH should happen to lose, well, they didn't have Brice Day. I can't imagine either coach not playing full out on this one.

I'd guess you'll see a lot of the CCH bench in this one but who knows. I really don't know much about MoCo, but I know when CCH played Madison Central they used 16 players and that was with a couple kids injured still. I'd expect they play the game tomorrow in similar fashion.

  • Author

Heard from a very knowledgable soccer person that the timing changed from 1pm to 2:30pm and the JV game was cancelled......KHSAA says 2:30 but CCH website still says 1....

 

Can someone from MoCo verify what they have for the time?

 

Also.....Would like to request a TV showing the Irish vs Virginia football game in the concession stand if at all possible since the game starts at 3:30. I promise to make my concession purchases worth the extra effort !! Go Irish. :up:

If CCH wins without Brice Day -- and I have no doubt they can -- that's a pretty strong showing. If CCH should happen to lose, well, they didn't have Brice Day. I can't imagine either coach not playing full out on this one.

 

Day is a great player..no question. But all we've heard about is how deep CCH is. So if they lose, it's because Day wasn't there? Doesn't hold water with me.

 

MoCo is really good, but I expect no worse than a draw for the Colonels, with or without Day.

I'd guess you'll see a lot of the CCH bench in this one but who knows. I really don't know much about MoCo, but I know when CCH played Madison Central they used 16 players and that was with a couple kids injured still. I'd expect they play the game tomorrow in similar fashion.

 

Is 5 off the bench "a lot of the CCH bench" or are you predicting a scoreline that allows CCH to get 25 in the game?

 

Related question, if CCH schedule is a little easier in the second half of the season and they keep winning handily, do they keep getting 20+ players in games or at some point does that hurt fitness for the 14-15 who have to be ready to play 60+ minutes in post season? Just curious about thoughts on managing a large and very talented roster.

Day is a great player..no question. But all we've heard about is how deep CCH is. So if they lose, it's because Day wasn't there? Doesn't hold water with me.

 

MoCo is really good, but I expect no worse than a draw for the Colonels, with or without Day.

 

I would not disagree at all. CCH can play without any one player and can still match up with anyone in the state in my opinion. Having one player out on a team with their depth isn't a valid excuse.

 

I'd say using 16 players is playing a lot of the bench but wouldn't be surprised to see 17 or 18 play and that is not to say CCH would be out front by that much, that's just how the staff seems to play some games.

Day is a great player..no question. But all we've heard about is how deep CCH is. So if they lose, it's because Day wasn't there? Doesn't hold water with me.

 

MoCo is really good, but I expect no worse than a draw for the Colonels, with or without Day.

 

I agree with you 100%. I was being facetious...

Day is a great player..no question. But all we've heard about is how deep CCH is. So if they lose, it's because Day wasn't there? Doesn't hold water with me.

 

MoCo is really good, but I expect no worse than a draw for the Colonels, with or without Day.

 

 

Good point, he is without question, one of the best in the 9th Region. Taking him out of the equation leaves a huge hole for CCH to fill, I do feel they have enough quality players that should be able to step up and raise their level of play when needed in order to offset his absence. In my opinion, playing a match without him might prove to be more beneficial later in the season.

 

I am not sure there are any other teams in NKY that could make this claim, or have this luxury, if you took away their "top player".

IMO from this point on in the season, with the exception of maybe a very, very easy game in District tournament, or an out of control hack fest game, you play your starting 11 for a majority of the game and work in your 2-4 subs into the rotation you expect to play all the way through Regionals and beyond. It's time to work on playing together, becoming comfortable with each other, working out problems, solving issues. etc. Sure if you get in a 5 goal lead game, look further down that bench in the last 3-5 minutes of the game. Short of this, there is not a team out there that cannot get better and you don't get better by sitting on the bench.

It is 2:30 start.

 

MoCo will be without 2 starters and one key reserve. So, they should be the underdog. Hopefully will be a good game.

  • Author

Hopefully not due to injuries. If so, speedy recovery......Thanks......

so I guess everyone is assuming Moco will beat Scott at this point?

^ having seen both teams play, I'd give MoCo the advantage over Scott *and Brossart).

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.