Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 3 Dixie Heights 3

Featured Replies

Ding ding ding! We may have a winner here for the most competitive game of the night in NKY! Details?

Tie for the second year in a row. I hate ties.

 

My mind is a little foggy on the scoring at this point. Boone seemed to come out and create opportunities without being able to net the ball in the first half. It was encouraging to see them at least getting in position to take shots, the most this season.

 

But then Dixie had an opportunity and scored first. I think it was 1-0 at half (?). Boone eventually got the ball in the net and was leading 3-2 with about 3 minutes left. Dixie Heights came charging down the field and got behind the defense. Boone defender committed a foul in the box and Dixie scored on the PK. 3-3. Sorry, don't know the names of Dixie scorers.

 

Soccer01, can you provide details as you saw the match?

Another pk it's an epidemic. Was the foul committed by the last defender? Sounds like it could have been a red card foul.

  • Author

Boone came out playing well. They had many shots on goal. I think Boone had 7 shots before Dixie had their first. The match, as usual, was a fairly physical match. Dixie netted first score off a free kick around the 23 minute mark. Half time it was 1-0 Dixie.

 

Dixie came out second half possessing the ball better than they did in the first half. They had a few more opportunities but Boone's defense was holding. Boone's keep, Benjamin, had an awesome game. He made a couple great saves. Unfortunately for him, Dixie made a run out, getting a step or so on a Boone defender. Benjamin made a very athletic deflection. The ball popped out to the Dixie player and he made a second shot. A Boone defender had recovered at this point and deflected the ball into the goal. That was about the 30 minute mark.

 

Boone's offense kept up their pressure on Dixie. Not sure what the actual shots on goal tally was, I stopped counting when it was 25-11 in favor of Boone. Boone finally netted their first goal about the 26 minute mark. They netted their second at the 13 minute mark. Their third was netted at just under 4 minutes left. At the 1 minute mark, Dixie was pressing. The collision in the box occurred. Thus Dixie was awarded the pk which they capitalized on.

 

Both teams played like they wanted it. The physicality was borderline a few times but the CR kept it under control for the most part. Both teams showed they are very competitive. It should make for a good season for both teams this year.

Another pk it's an epidemic. Was the foul committed by the last defender? Sounds like it could have been a red card foul.

 

Soccer01, good summary of the influential action.

 

imsays, I suppose it could have been a red card foul. I'm not a soccer aficionado. I think they should be allowed to lower their shoulder and carry the ball right up to the goal and then kick it in. :idunno: But here's what happened as I remember it.

 

Boone and Dixie offensive player tangled legs when the Boone defender tried to make a play on the ball. Defender was actually between the attacking offensive player and the goal. If I remember right this was kind of a second attempt on goal. After first attempt the ball went to other side of goal and the defender recovered enough to attack the ball. I have no problem with the call made by CR. It was a good call. Defender was a little too aggressive but he was protecting his goal with 1 minute to go. The kid was hustling the whole game and played quite well. I hope to see him continue with the competitive spirit and after watching him for the last four years I have no doubt he will do just that. As I say, a little too aggressive and a bit of an error on his part. Rather see that because he was there and had a chance to disrupt the goal attempt. Another game, another like situation, and he may just save the day.

 

It has been interesting to see Boone trying guys in different positions, some of it forced due to injury. I think the guys have been rising to the occasion and are developing quite well. We did have a couple of guys back who were out recently and that helped quite a bit. This will be a different team come October than it was at BGG.

BTW, the # of shots on goal by Boone as mentioned in post #5 is a good sign. That has been lacking up til now. Gotta shoot to score (I'm quite certain about that even though I am, as I mentioned previously, not an expert on soccer).

Doesn't sound like a card was in order.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.