Trnity 8 Highlands 1

Since it appears nobody from Ft. Thomas wants to post many of their scores I was wondering if anyone caught this match. About the result I expected given Highlands recent games. They also got blown out by McNick. Seems like they are in free fall over there.

Highlands played reasonably well in the first half. Greg Fischer (18) for Trinity opened the scoring with a beautiful left footed (what else) hammer after a nice move to set himself up just outside the 18. Trinity's second goal was another great strike from distance putting HHS down 2-0 in the first 20 minutes. Birds continued to play well with both teams scoring to put game at 3-1. Just before half-time Trinity handled the ball in their own area to give up a PK. Nick Gregory (GK for Trinity) came up with a great save. That probably sealed the Birds fate.

Highlands pressed higher second half to try to chase the game. Valiant effort, I suppose, but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor (loosely quoting Shakespeare). The game opened up for Trinity and as the score widened Trinity played deep into their bench. Tough week with Anderson, McNick and Trinity all on the road. Birds Wil look to regroup Tuesday against Boone County (@Boone).

Freshmen lost 3-0, an improvement over last week vs Trinity at Freshmen Showcase.

Highlands JV beat Trinity 2-0 playing very good soccer and outshooting Trinity 8-4.

Trinity was an awesome host, providing drinks and a sack lunch after the games.

Is there any type of "mercy rule" in soccer like there are in other sports?

Yep...at two levels

1. When one team goes up by10

2. TAC receives free drinks when he makes an appearance at a game.

Ps....Trinity has and is always a class act. From the food ,facilities, to the take home bags for the players. Also, a few years ago, we played them for their senior night.....they put on a nice program for their players.

Is there any type of "mercy rule" in soccer like there are in other sports?

Yes, it is a 10 goal lead. I believe that it kicks in once you get to halftime, or at any point in the second half.

In other words, a team could be down 15-0 in the first half but they must play the match until they reach halftime. If a team goes down by 10 goals at any point in the second half it is stopped at that point.

In order for the game to be considered a complete game, and to count in the win/loss column in the state of Kentucky, the teams must play an entire first half of soccer. Thus the mercy rule doesn't take effect until halftime. So it is possible to beat a team by more than 10 as long as the goals are all scored in the first half

The way the rule is written, you must play the entire first half, regardless of score.

Here are two scores on the ladies side that support this...

Ashland Blazer 14 Pikeville 1

Glasgow 13 Clinton Co. 0

I stand corrected. We have not been involved in a run rule game for a few years.......I think possibly Holmes and Campbell about 3-4 years ago.

I stand corrected. We have not been involved in a run rule game for a few years.......I think possibly Holmes and Campbell about 3-4 years ago.

I was not up to speed on the specifics... I had to look up the details.

Took a look at your schedule, depending on how the staff chooses to approach a couple upcoming matches, it could be a good rule to know. :up:

VIII SPECIAL TOURNAMENT AND REGULAR SEASON RULES

F) Mercy Rule Provisions

1) If one team has a 10 goal lead at the end of the fi rst half or at any point in the second half, the match will be terminated.

2) This rule is to be observed in regular and postseason play