HB's NKY top 5

Hellbird

Illogical.

Do you think they are not as good as they were against Ryle?

What is illogicial? You keep saying illogical but you haven't explained yourself.

You first said it was illogical to have them close to the top 5, and now you are sounding as if they shouldn't be close. Make up your mind lol

I think Ryle is the big question mark. Have they beaten 2 really good teams by 7 or have they beaten 2 not so good teams by 7? It's early but ryle deserves where they are but the teams they beat are still a question mark. You can't rank a team high based soley off of SOS without getting a win. any team can have a great SOS but without a win they could be the worst team in the area and you woulnd't know it because you simply look at SOS.

Would it make you happy to say CCH is on the outside along with Conner and Scott looking in? They basically are but they still have to win a game so we know where they stand.

Beechwoods line will improve each week. Playing both ways will test them over the rough first half of the season...giving time for underclassmen to step up. They will be needed to achieve the ultimate goal.

Beechwood's line has answered the call in the last 2 weeks starting with the Dixie scrimmage and leading into the win over Lloyd Friday. Folks, they have a line. They have an athletic line that will hold it's own in 1A which is the title their sites are set on. How many 1A schools have "big boys" across the board and have the numbers to rotate fresh bodies in? Overstreet is proven but keep your eye on an athletic Kyle Rowe. He showed how athletic he is this past baseball season playing third and hitting the way he did. Plus, with the speed of Stringer and Slusher you only need to hold your block for a few seconds.

Agree that Rowe could be a major factor in Beechies success. Unfortunately got hurt on second series against Lloyd and spent the rest of the night with ice on his knee and then on crutches the second half. Hope it's not serious as this young man is a quality athlete, great kid and probably the smartest kid on the team. High intellect can excel in the trenches.

I had heard that Rowe was out early in the game. I hope he is back soon especially in two weeks when the huge Ironton team will be a litmus test for BW's athleticism, quickness and overall conditioning.

I saw in their game thread that apparently he went out with a knee injury. Hopefully it's not serious

At this point I would flip Cooper and SK. I agree with the rest. I just think both wins by Cooper were very convincing against quality opponents. I'm looking forward to those two playing Sept. 18th.

I just believe in when someone starts the season ahead of another team and has done nothing yet to cause a drop (2 games scoring 50 or more and 2 W's) I don't believe In Dropping them. Both teams meet and we will see then.

So you're saying beating two teams by 7 may not mean a thing. I will form an opinion when Cooper beats SK.

Didn't say that at all. What I said was It's tough to judge the opponents when one of them plays a team from Cincy that would put a running clock on every team in the state of KY except maybe 2. When both games are won by 1 score, we need a bigger sample size to determine just how good a team can be, don't you think?