What class is the weakest?

Hellbird

Last year there was a thread about how weak 5A was. I disagreed (who would of thunk that? lol )

So I wondered today. Was 5A really weak? Pulaski Co. won the title in that class that also had BG in it etc. Pulaski Co. I would have put #2 in the state last year after the season behind Trinity.

Was 4A weak by being dominated over 8 years by only 1 team, the same team that just lost to a team that was in 5A and made it to the semi finals last year?

Is 1A now the weakest because of the exit of Mayfield?

How about 4A this year with HHS leaving? Do they now become the weakest class?

To me, all the classes are equally full of very good teams at the top and very bad teams at the bottom. It's just how it is. All are equal to me when looking at the classes in general.

Last year there was a thread about how weak 5A was. I disagreed (who would of thunk that? lol )

So I wondered today. Was 5A really weak? Pulaski Co. won the title in that class that also had BG in it etc. Pulaski Co. I would have put #2 in the state last year after the season behind Trinity.

Was 4A weak by being dominated over 8 years by only 1 team, the same team that just lost to a team that was in 5A and made it to the semi finals last year?

Is 1A now the weakest because of the exit of Mayfield?

How about 4A this year with HHS leaving? Do they now become the weakest class?

To me, all the classes are equally full of very good teams at the top and very bad teams at the bottom. It's just how it is. All are equal to me when looking at the classes in general.

You would have put Pulaski #2 behind Trinity?

It's debatable they were the best team in their county... they split 1-1 with Southwestern and probably lose to them in the playoffs if Edwards doesn't get hurt in the 1st Quarter.

I would have taken Highlands, Owensboro, Johnson Central, CovCath, and LexCath in 4A over Pulaski in 5A last year.

You would have put Pulaski #2 behind Trinity?

It's debatable they were the best team in their county... they split 1-1 with Southwestern and probably lose to them in the playoffs if Edwards doesn't get hurt in the 1st Quarter.

I would have taken Highlands, Owensboro, Johnson Central, CovCath, and LexCath in 4A over Pulaski in 5A last year.

I just think Pulaksi was very strong and got stronger as the season went on. I think tonights game against Scott Co. will be the game of the week. No way would I put CCH ahead of them last year as well as other teams on your list. If any team I would have to put in front of them it would be another 6A team from the Ville

I just think Pulaksi was very strong and got stronger as the season went on. I think tonights game against Scott Co. will be the game of the week. No way would I put CCH ahead of them last year.

No doubt Pulaski is strong this year...for Heaven's sake they returned everyone... but Pulaski last year got a pretty easy draw.

The opposite 5A District was by far the weakest in the State... the best team in the class was taken down in a shocking upset and they just had to beat a Grave County team in Bowling Green who was probably the weakest team playing on Championship weekend besides maybe NewCath.

Truth be told 5A was basically Bowling Green's to lose (and for whatever reason they did just that) and then Pulaski and Southwestern were about equal as #2 and #3 last year.

Let us not forget in the regular season finale Bowling Green beat Pulaski thoroughly in the mud down in Somerset.

No doubt Pulaski is strong this year...for Heaven's sake they returned everyone... but Pulaski last year got a pretty easy draw.

The opposite 5A District was by far the weakest in the State... the best team in the class was taken down in a shocking upset and they just had to beat a Grave County team in Bowling Green who was probably the weakest team playing on Championship weekend besides maybe NewCath.

Truth be told 5A was basically Bowling Green's to lose (and for whatever reason they did just that) and then Pulaski and Southwestern were about equal as #2 and #3 last year.

Let us not forget in the regular season finale Bowling Green beat Pulaski thoroughly in the mud down in Somerset.

Well let's play Devils advocate here. Apparently Cooper was weak because they were in that easy bracket you speak of about Pulaski. Maybe 4A has been weak for years. I mean 1 team and 1 team only has dominated for 8 years in that class with little competition to the title yet when they faced a weak Cooper team this year they got manhandled. So was 5A really that weak or maybe some other classes have been but having only 1 dominating team over a long stretch makes those classes look stronger and it's only because of 1 team?

Remember Cov Cath also lost last week to a team that only won 3 games last year. so did 5A appear weak because they had so many teams vying for the top spot all year or is other classes actually weaker because they only had 1 team vying for the top spot again such as 4A or 1A or even 6A?

Well let's play Devils advocate here. Apparently Cooper was weak because they were in that easy bracket you speak of about Pulaski. Maybe 4A has been weak for years. I mean 1 team and 1 team only has dominated for 8 years in that class with little competition to the title yet when they faced a weak Cooper team this year they got manhandled. So was 5A really that weak or maybe some other classes have been but having only 1 dominating team over a long stretch makes those classes look stronger and it's only because of 1 team?

Remember Cov Cath also lost last week to a team that only won 3 games last year. so did 5A appear weak because they had so many teams vying for the top spot all year or is other classes actually weaker because they only had 1 team vying for the top spot again such as 4A or 1A or even 6A?

I was talking about the opposite District... as in Letcher Central, Whitley, etc

Even then... and since you brought it up

I know Cooper is your team but they were not very strong last year either and not the bets example of class strength in 2014. They were a 5 loss team and got ran out the door in a couple of those games. If I am not mistaken Cooper wasn't even in the Top 10 at the end of the regular season? Do you not think a team like LexCath or Johnson Central would have been aching to play a 4 loss Cooper in the playoffs with a chance to go to State?

I am going by the eyeball test... Highlands won the Title in 4A for years but as evident their last two years in the alignment they were not head and shoulders above. By that same thought process Bowling Green was the big bad bully of 5A.

I was talking about the opposite District... as in Letcher Central, Whitley, etc

Even then... and since you brought it up

I know Cooper is your team but they were not very strong last year either and not the bets example of class strength in 2014. They were a 5 loss team and got ran out the door in a couple of those games. If I am not mistaken Cooper wasn't even in the Top 10 at the end of the regular season? Do you not think a team like LexCath or Johnson Central would have been aching to play a 4 loss Cooper in the playoffs with a chance to go to State?

I am going by the eyeball test... Highlands won the Title in 4A for years but as evident their last two years in the alignment they were not head and shoulders above. By that same thought process Bowling Green was the big bad bully of 5A.

You could be correct, but I am

basing mine off of competitiveness and 5A had some pretty competitive teams. I didnt see anyone challenge HHS so who knows how good they really were. BG by your own admission was the big boy of 5A yet they didn't make it to state. You even said you doubted Pulaski would win a rematch against Southwestern and that BG beat Pulaski earlier in the season in the mud yet Pulaski still won the title

which tells me 5A had a lot

of good teams. You even putting CCH ahead of Pulaski who CCH was a team that struggled against a 3 win team in Ryle who also lost to Cooper last year.

I just don't think it was as weak as you think it was.

I just wanted to throw in a couple of facts for your debate. The two games Pulaski lost last year (14-0 to Southwestern and 23-7 to Bowling Green) they where without starting QB Riley Hall. Tough to lose your starting QB for what was probably the two best teams they played in the regular season and come out on top. I thought they played quite well under the circumstances, and if Riley Hall was available for those two games, I think Pulaski would have had an undefeated season.

Carry on now.