Tates Creek 3 Newport Central Catholic 0 (25-22, 25-18, 25-22)

Lawnboy13

The Breds gave a "hell of an effort" tonight, despite losing all three games.

Game 1 - The Breds take a 6-0 lead, before Tates Creek takes the lead for good at 9-8. Game is tied at 19-19 and the Commodores pull out to a 23-20 advantage, but the Breds don't go away and get as close as 23-22 before TC wins 25-22.

Game 2 - This one got away from the Breds from the get go, as TC takes a 10-3 lead. However, the Breds with a strong effort to get back in it at 10-8. The Commodores would build on that lead and go up 19-11, NewCath would only get as close as 20-14 & 22-16 before the final 25-18 margin.

Game 3 - Great comeback by the Breds in this one. TC started on a 5-0 run and push that lead to 11-3. However, NewCath goes on a 11-4 run forcing TC (up 15-14) to call timeout to slow the Breds down. The Commodores take a 19-15 lead, but the Breds respond with 6-2 run and we're all knotted at 21's. TC would eventually outlast the Breds in this one to win 25-22.

Two observations from this one that stick out.......

1. (Both teams) There were more bodies diving on the floor, then you would see at a diving competition. :eek: :ylsuper: Just some SUPER saves to keep the ball alive.

2. Tates Creek Jr. and North Carolina St. signee, Doris Carter, "is all that and a bag of chips". :notworthy: The 5'11" outside hitter was impressive, the young lady DEFINITELY knows how to elevate off the floor and flat out CRUSHES the ball:scared:.......GOD LORD!!!!!

The Tates Creek players, coaches, & parents were taking more pictures of the beautiful view of downtown Cincinnati from on top of "the hill" then you can shake a stick at.

It does look great at night when Great American Ballpark is lit up.

Nice synopsis. Can't wait to read what happens tonight. :) With all the upsets this season early on its hard to gauge if the talent in NKY is down or if their is just a lot more parity. I'm not a believer in Beechwood just yet, but a convincing win over NCC might help change my mind. In a season which typically goes 30-35 games, I'm not overly excited about 6-0 starts. I believe Ludlow had a pretty good record early last season and didn't make it out of districts.. I'm just saying.

Tates Creek is no slouch and I have to think that if NCC can have that kind of game against Beechwood at home, they will win.

No offense to NCC, but Tates Creek is far from the team they were last year. Kendall Beerman was a boss.