Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights 2 Cooper 1

Featured Replies

Cooper lone goal on a gift pk very late first half to tie it up before intermission.

Dixie took advantage of the limited chances they had tonight, Cooper did not. There were way too many missed shots for Cooper, I think they had several good chances and could have easily gotten a win tonight with some better finishing.

 

The goalie for DH played a good game tonight, he had a few nice saves in the first half that kept Cooper from getting out to a quick lead.

 

Rivera had two nice finishes for Dixie, Snow had the lone goal for Cooper.

Surprising score but have not seen either of these teams play yet.

Cooper lone goal on a gift pk very late first half to tie it up before intermission.

 

When someone is pulled down in the box, it is a foul, from where I was sitting this is what appeared to happen. The boy that was taken down is a pretty good size kid, it would take more than a nudge for him to go to the ground like he did.

 

Now.... I can see why you might be surprised by the call since this ref did not seem to call much last night. I felt that he let the pulling, grabbing and pushing get out of hand early and it seemed to escalate as the match went on. I can think of several calls that were not made against both teams last night that are normally considered fouls and I would say that he could have easily issued a couple yellows to both teams.... I do not remember him ever talking to any of the players after some of the hard fouls either.

 

The last play of the match was almost identical to the play you mentioned above. I was much closer to this one and could hear the Center Ref telling two defenders to get their hands down and to get off of two particular players. He let it continue as the play developed and did not end up calling a foul against either of them. I would say that the calls pretty well evened out but I am a much bigger fan of consistency and do not think there was much of that last night.

Surprising score but have not seen either of these teams play yet.

 

I have seen one of the teams play twice, at least I think it was the same team.

Not a big fan of refs talking to the players during the plays. At breaks in action, fine, but during the play is distracting. During the play, either call the foul, or let it go because it is either a foul,or it isn't

When someone is pulled down in the box, it is a foul, from where I was sitting this is what appeared to happen. The boy that was taken down is a pretty good size kid, it would take more than a nudge for him to go to the ground like he did.

 

Now.... I can see why you might be surprised by the call since this ref did not seem to call much last night. I felt that he let the pulling, grabbing and pushing get out of hand early and it seemed to escalate as the match went on. I can think of several calls that were not made against both teams last night that are normally considered fouls and I would say that he could have easily issued a couple yellows to both teams.... I do not remember him ever talking to any of the players after some of the hard fouls either.

 

The last play of the match was almost identical to the play you mentioned above. I was much closer to this one and could hear the Center Ref telling two defenders to get their hands down and to get off of two particular players. He let it continue as the play developed and did not end up calling a foul against either of them. I would say that the calls pretty well evened out but I am a much bigger fan of consistency and do not think there was much of that last night.

 

Sounds like the typical inconsistency of H.S. soccer officiating. It must be a tremendously hard job because no two refs do it the same and hardly no single ref does it the same throughout the entire match. But I'll stop whining now because my team wasn't there and I did not see the match.

 

I am surprised at the final score. Dixie must be a much improved team over last year--good for them. I didn't think they would hang with Cooper.

I have seen one of the teams play twice, at least I think it was the same team.

 

Given that Dixie lost their first and Cooper handled SK pretty easily this looked like it should have gone Cooper's way but that's the danger of using previous games as indicators I guess.

Given that Dixie lost their first and Cooper handled SK pretty easily this looked like it should have gone Cooper's way but that's the danger of using previous games as indicators I guess.

 

My take on the first two matches....

 

Cooper came to play against SK, at least for most of the first half, they seemed to put it in neutral and coast through the second half.

 

Dixie was a new contest and it seemed like Cooper was still coasting. They did have some nice moments but they did not play anything like they did at the beginning of the SK match.

If someone can find the special sauce to sprinkle on referees to make them consistent within a match and match to match, I know some coaches that would love to borrow it to sprinkle on their players as well.

And Sir! hits the nail on the head. How can the refs be consistent when the game isn't?

 

Not saying that's the only problem because there are some questionable judgement made by the whistle on the field but soccer is a bit different in the fact that the games swing very differently depending on how the teams want to play.

  • Author

Yellow, I actually liked your game recap and fair description of the ref. From what I saw, I thought the Cooper player embellished the fall, and was actually the one first yanking on the defender. And if it went down that way, good on the Cooper kid. He did what he could to change the flow of the game and get the foul called. I do have to say Snow did have a solid PK goal, low, to the post with pace. So in the end, you have your perspective, I have mine. And the only one that counted last night was the center ref's. And he saw it your way.

 

Rivera is a finisher. He also had a third goal called back on an off sides or something. I was encouraged on Dixie's play from this perspective. Overall they played OK, with ample opportunity for improvement, to clean up their play. Based on earlier discussions I thought that Cooper was going to run Dixie over. So I will not comment beyond saying you have to try the fried Oreos at the Dixie concession stand. And the Marching Taco received a thumbs up as well.

So I will not comment beyond saying you have to try the fried Oreos at the Dixie concession stand. And the Marching Taco received a thumbs up as well.

 

That sounds like a threat. Those things'll give you a heart attack. YC, for your own good, step away from the concession stand.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.