Louisville City: a USL soccer update

Getslow

With the announcement that FC Cincinnati would be joining the league next year and with more than three-fourths of the 2015 campaign already played, I thought a little LCFC update might be in order.

Last night Louisville City beat Harrisburg 5-1. Forward Matt Fondy had FOUR goals and an assist, moving him into third place in the league in goals scored and tenth in assists.

The win moved Louisville to 41 points on the season and to within three points of league-leading Rochester. The Royals are also now six points ahead of third-placed Charleston and seem ready to lock up a first round bye in the playoffs, which will begin the weekend of Sept. 26 and 27.

It's been a fun season so far and I hope a few folks on the board manage to make it to one of the remaining home games:

Aug. 22 vs. Charleston, 7:30 pm

Aug. 25 vs. Orlando City, 7:30 pm (Friendly)

Aug. 29 vs. Pittsburgh, 7:30 pm

Sept. 2 vs. Harrisburg, 7:30 pm

All games at Louisville Slugger Field.

As I said at the beginning of the season, anytime someone comes out to their first LouCity game, I'll buy at least the first round.

I hope you NKY and Cincinnati folks have even half as much fun with your team next year as I've had with this team and this league.

A little video the team put together following the July 4 game. Shows not only the stadium experience but the amazing work the Slugger Field grounds crew puts in to manage a baseball stadium playing temporary host to a soccer team. They've done a great job all year.

I despise LFC, GO FC Cincy.

Getting it started early. I'm planning on getting season tickets.

:lol2: I like it. I promise our guys won't rough your boys up too bad next season. :lol2:

Seriously, I'm excited to have road opponent so close. St. Louis is currently the closest team in the league and that's four hours. I'd imagine many folks from Louisville will be making the trip to Nippert next year.