Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rules question...

Featured Replies

Ok here's the set up.... Bases juiced... 1 out... Pop fly and ruled infield fly to short (ruling there was correct). Short drops the ball, runner on third was off the base at the time the ball hit the glove by about six feet and headed home on the miss...

 

Play at the plate, runner called safe ( close call could have gone either way). Appealed that the runner never tagged. Ump said we dropped it so there was no reason to tag... I think he missed this one... What say you???

  • Author

I must add that part of the reason SS dropped it as it was right on 2B and the runner was on the bag... No fault on the runner... Just too many bodies I. The same place...

Ok here's the set up.... Bases juiced... 1 out... Pop fly and ruled infield fly to short (ruling there was correct). Short drops the ball' date=' runner on third was off the base at the time the ball hit the glove by about six feet and headed home on the miss... Play at the plate, runner called safe ( close call could have gone either way). Appealed that the runner never tagged. Ump said we dropped it so there was no reason to tag... I think he missed this one... What say you???[/quote']

 

Got it right.

 

Ball wasn't caught. No need to tag up.

Got it right.

 

Ball wasn't caught. No need to tag up.

 

Was going to say the same thing, way would she have to tag.

As an umpire, while the ball is in the air I'm thinking "please, please catch it." Otherwise it's pure chaos and I'm going to have to explain to one or both teams what just happened.

As an umpire, while the ball is in the air I'm thinking "please, please catch it." Otherwise it's pure chaos and I'm going to have to explain to one or both teams what just happened.

 

That's why you are paid the big bucks to umpire. :lol2: However, I completely understand what you are saying.

Ok here's the set up.... Bases juiced... 1 out... Pop fly and ruled infield fly to short (ruling there was correct). Short drops the ball, runner on third was off the base at the time the ball hit the glove by about six feet and headed home on the miss...

 

Play at the plate, runner called safe ( close call could have gone either way). Appealed that the runner never tagged. Ump said we dropped it so there was no reason to tag... I think he missed this one... What say you???

 

 

 

Straight from the Rulebook

 

If "infield fly" is called and the ball lands fair without being caught, the batter is still out, there is still no force, but the runners are not required to tag up. In either case, the ball is live, and the runners may advance on the play, at their own peril.

Straight from the Rulebook

 

If "infield fly" is called and the ball lands fair without being caught, the batter is still out, there is still no force, but the runners are not required to tag up. In either case, the ball is live, and the runners may advance on the play, at their own peril.

 

I see a bright future for you in pale blue....

I see a bright future for you in pale blue....

 

I think NOT! My "brutal honesty" would not sit well with some, as well as, the coaches. :lol2:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.