Biggest winners and losers in realignment-6A edition

Winners-The 6 NKY schools. If they get their request and 6A stops rotating first round match-ups their path to the championship becomes a cake walk. Maybe they'll be able to stay within 3 scores when they get there?

Losers-PRP and Butler. Went from being front runners in their district in the old alignment to likely playing for 4th and 5th place in their new district perennially.

Actually, I think SK and Ryle are both losers in the realignment because they both are in 3 team districts with pretty soft competition that will not bode well when they get into the post season.

Is there any impact out west for the Meade, McCraken or Henderson programs?

Where will the #5 seed go from the Trinity district and X/Male district when we reach the post season? Could be an ugly situation for a #1 seed just like McCracken County last year going up against Manual in the first round. This time, it could be a #5 seed like PRP or Butler. Both teams have been in the 6A finals or semi finals one time or another over the past 3 seasons. Lot of tradition in both programs. Will that #5 seed actually catch a break and avoid the horrible T, Male, X, Manual, Ballard bracket? If so, I wouldn't call that team or program a loser. I say they might catch the biggest break of all...even if they have to play a District Champ. Can you imagine getting out of that bracket after playing in that District all year? Could be a sign of hope for one program.

The #5 seed from District 3(Male, X, PRP, Butler, Manual) will become the 4 seed in District 5 this and would potentially be matched up with Simon Kenton in the 1st round, assuming they win their district. This is only in odd numbered years.

The #5 seed from District 1 will essentially be the 1st round matchup for the District 1 champ as the #5 seed becomes the 4 seed in District 2.

How good will Butler be this year?

I'm not sure about this year right now but you can usually count on Butler making an appearance in the quarter or semi finals every few years. A PRP or Butler first round game against Simon Kenton would be very interesting.

Lot of football to play before we even need to dive into this topic too much. But good food for thought. Just saying the 5th team in the district might be rewarded at the end of the year by moving out of the bracket away from T, X, Male, Manual and Ballard. No way a team would sand-bag at the end of the year...right? Coaches have WAY to much pride.

Where will the #5 seed go from the Trinity district and X/Male district when we reach the post season? Could be an ugly situation for a #1 seed just like McCracken County last year going up against Manual in the first round. This time, it could be a #5 seed like PRP or Butler. Both teams have been in the 6A finals or semi finals one time or another over the past 3 seasons. Lot of tradition in both programs. Will that #5 seed actually catch a break and avoid the horrible T, Male, X, Manual, Ballard bracket? If so, I wouldn't call that team or program a loser. I say they might catch the biggest break of all...even if they have to play a District Champ. Can you imagine getting out of that bracket after playing in that District all year? Could be a sign of hope for one program.

I definitely think a #5 seed from the H/X/M/P/B district could go north an knock off a 1 seed. In this case would a team actually benefit from finishing lower? Do you have a better chance of knocking off Trinity (or the team that's #1 over them) in the first round or an NKY school?

I think we are on the same page All Tell! Going to be interesting watching this one unfold. You may want to reconsider or change your thought process around the NKY schools on the winner side of your list.

PRP was in the state championship 3 years ago and Butler has at least one state championship in football. We aren't talking about cupcakes! Both schools have a lot of tradition and a long line of producing solid teams.

Wish I could find the date for the PRP vs Butler game. I don't see it on the KHSAA website. Can you imagine that game out on Dixie the last game of the year for 4th and 5th place???? 4th place would get the Rocks and 5th place would get NKY School. How would you coach that game?

Actually, I think SK and Ryle are both losers in the realignment because they both are in 3 team districts with pretty soft competition that will not bode well when they get into the post season.

Is there any impact out west for the Meade, McCraken or Henderson programs?

District shouldn't matter for either team. If you are afraid of a soft schedule then they need to schedule tougher teams seeing how the majority of their games will now be out of district games. There is nothing stopping them from scheduling tougher games at all so the district they play in makes no difference at all. Out of the 10 game regular season, only 2 of them are district games. No excuse for cupcake schedules anymore.

With that said, it looks like SK has finally scheduled some tougher teams.