Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Whitley Co 14 Bell Co 6 (9 innings)

Featured Replies

I think this score is correct, But I do stand to be corrected. I do know the Colonels Scored 8 runs in the ninth to break a seven inning tie..:ylsuper:

I think this score is correct, But I do stand to be corrected. I do know the Colonels Scored 8 runs in the ninth to break a seven inning tie..:ylsuper:

 

That's a big inning!

I understand Coach Greer wouldnt take Spencer Greer out in that ninth inning. I heard Spencer was wanting to be taken out after a few runs but Tommy left him in. Interesting move.

  • Author
I understand Coach Greer wouldnt take Spencer Greer out in that ninth inning. I heard Spencer was wanting to be taken out after a few runs but Tommy left him in. Interesting move.

Yes! you are right. He was left in the game too long. What was the deal with that? Was that a Tommy Greer-Whitley County thing or what? From what I have heard Spencer didn't even come through the handshake after the game. I see this as poor sportsmanship. What do you all think?:confused:

Yes! you are right. He was left in the game too long. What was the deal with that? Was that a Tommy Greer-Whitley County thing or what? From what I have heard Spencer didn't even come through the handshake after the game. I see this as poor sportsmanship. What do you all think?:confused:

 

I seriously doubt that it had anything to do with Coach Greer and Whitley Co. I don't know much about the specific incident that is being discussed, but I do know alot about Coach Greer and his son, Spencer.

 

There are no hard feelings between Coach Greer and Whitley Co., nor between Spencer and his former teammates. Spencer has remained good friends with many of the Whitley players since he and Coach Greer left Whitley Co.

 

As far as Spencer not coming through the handshake after the game..... I don't know if it is true or not, but I doubt it. Even if it is true, I don't understand how Spencer not going through would be a case of bad sportsmanship on Coach Greer or Spencer's part, considering Coach Greer went through himself (I would assume) and he allowed the rest of the Bell Co team to go through it as well.

 

If Spencer really didnt go through the handshake line I would assume it was more due to his disappointment and frustration in himself and his performance, or for some other justifiable reason, then for some unsportsmanlike feelings towards the Whitley Co. squad.

  • Author
I seriously doubt that it had anything to do with Coach Greer and Whitley Co. I don't know much about the specific incident that is being discussed, but I do know alot about Coach Greer and his son, Spencer.

 

There are no hard feelings between Coach Greer and Whitley Co., nor between Spencer and his former teammates. Spencer has remained good friends with many of the Whitley players since he and Coach Greer left Whitley Co.

 

As far as Spencer not coming through the handshake after the game..... I don't know if it is true or not, but I doubt it. Even if it is true, I don't understand how Spencer not going through would be a case of bad sportsmanship on Coach Greer or Spencer's part, considering Coach Greer went through himself (I would assume) and he allowed the rest of the Bell Co team to go through it as well.

 

If Spencer really didnt go through the handshake line I would assume it was more due to his disappointment and frustration in himself and his performance, or for some other justifiable reason, then for some unsportsmanlike feelings towards the Whitley Co. squad.

I don't think he should have been disappointed in himself this was just a poor coaching decision. I wasn't there so I can't say if he for sure didn't go through the handshake but, I did hear this. Was just curious to know what others thought? ;)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.