May 23, 201511 yr He shows how the news talks about black people by talking about white people instead.
May 24, 201511 yr What is funny is it is the very same network who fans the flames of racism. They are basically saying they aren't reporting in white crimes and instead making stories out of nothing and creating the image that exists today. Leave ot to MSNBC to make a satirical editorial trying to point the finger at the other media outlets when it is themselves who are mostly to blame.
May 25, 201511 yr What is funny is it is the very same network who fans the flames of racism. They are basically saying they aren't reporting in white crimes and instead making stories out of nothing and creating the image that exists today. Leave ot to MSNBC to make a satirical editorial trying to point the finger at the other media outlets when it is themselves who are mostly to blame. Regardless of the source, good points are made with the piece.
May 25, 201511 yr Regardless of the source, good points are made with the piece. I'd have said that the piece was spot on if it came from Fox. Impugning the source in a knee-jerk fashion - and I'm guilty on rare occasion - is very self-limiting.
May 25, 201511 yr I'd have said that the piece was spot on if it came from Fox. Impugning the source in a knee-jerk fashion - and I'm guilty on rare occasion - is very self-limiting. I mean, I don't watch MSNBC or anything — or any other 24hr news channel — but dismissing something out of hand because of who said it is kind of like dismissing Einstein because it's "Jewish science." It's just not logical, and backs you into a silly ideological corner.
May 25, 201511 yr I mean, I don't watch MSNBC or anything — or any other 24hr news channel — but dismissing something out of hand because of who said it is kind of like dismissing Einstein because it's "Jewish science." It's just not logical, and backs you into a silly ideological corner. Not saying there is t some truth to it. Just that it was funny to me that the station that seems the guiltiest of what the satirical commentary was about is also the the station stating this stuff. I know it was satirical but it came across as a bit hypocritical because of who was delivering the message.
May 25, 201511 yr Not saying there is t some truth to it. Just that it was funny to me that the station that seems the guiltiest of what the satirical commentary was about is also the the station stating this stuff. I know it was satirical but it came across as a bit hypocritical because of who was delivering the message. Anybody who watches 24hr news network and doesn't expect hypocrisy is hopelessly naive. This world would be a lot smarter place if people would get out of their comfy little sandboxes from time-to-time and see how things really work beyond their cul-de-sac.
May 25, 201511 yr Author Anybody who watches 24hr news network and doesn't expect hypocrisy is hopelessly naive. This world would be a lot smarter place if people would get out of their comfy little sandboxes from time-to-time and see how things really work beyond their cul-de-sac. Truth.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.