Boyd Co 19 Ashland 4 (5 Innings)

I highly disagree,time will tell about these coaches,these kids have been in that system for a long time.Spade and his staff was good coaches too,it was about the kids not them.

IDK, a final 4 appearance in their first year at the helm sounds pretty good to me.:D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDK, a final 4 appearance in their first year at the helm sounds pretty good to me.:D

The team was loaded last season and any coaching staff would have taken last seasons team to the state tournament, much like this seasons team should. The real test for thesecoaches will be in the next few seasons when the talent pool isn't quite as full as Boyd Co is used to having.

The team was loaded last season and any coaching staff would have taken last seasons team to the state tournament, much like this seasons team should. The real test for thesecoaches will be in the next few seasons when the talent pool isn't quite as full as Boyd Co is used to having.

I dont think you are giving them credit as the ones who developed those kids on that loaded team the first bit . Even though Spade was the high school coach(for only two seasons), they still coached some of them in the summer. One year they took several of those kids to a World Series runner-up finish. Spade just had them for 2 high school seasons. They were the ones who had them all those years prior and after, and as I said, for one of those summers , several of those players,with Spade at the controls. Not trying to say anything at all bad against Spade, because I dont know him at all,but I just don't understand the negativism at all when you have a great thing going on right now.

I dont think I ever seen someone compliment someone else's program and then get blasted for doing it by the ones you are complimenting. Sorry I said anything. I'll learn not to say anything else nice from now on. I've learned my lesson. LOL

I dont think you are giving them credit as the ones who developed those kids on that loaded team the first bit . Even though Spade was the high school coach(for only two seasons), they still coached some of them in the summer. One year they took several of those kids to a World Series runner-up finish. Spade just had them for 2 high school seasons. They were the ones who had them all those years prior and after, and as I said, for one of those summers , several of those players,with Spade at the controls. Not trying to say anything at all bad against Spade, because I dont know him at all,but I just don't understand the negativism at all when you have a great thing going on right now.

I dont think I ever seen someone compliment someone else's program and then get blasted for doing it by the ones you are complimenting. Sorry I said anything. I'll learn not to say anything else nice from now on. I've learned my lesson. LOL

I am glad you complemented Boyd, irregardless who is coaching. I have no problems with any of the groups that had been there, but do feel some are better than others, but also feel that these type of comments from the other Boyd County posters are our problem in Boyd County. Too much division and separation to ever make this County back to the history we once had. Too much crap and too much under the table stuff goes on in this County anymore. Everyone gets their feelings hurt like they are 5 yr olds, and that affects the whole County.

Firebird, I am glad you made your comments, you have made some things real clear to me, by some of the other comments posted. Dont get me wrong, that was not negative towards you in anyway, you were just the innocent bystandard that started the conversation:thumb:

By the way, if any of this years staff is reading these comments---

I think you are a great staff and doing a great job. Just because you have great players on the team, doesnt mean you can coach them and keep egos in check. You guys are doing great and will do great in the future!

By the way, if any of this years staff is reading these comments---

I think you are a great staff and doing a great job. Just because you have great players on the team, doesnt mean you can coach them and keep egos in check. You guys are doing great and will do great in the future!

Red Blood, I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to clarify your statement because I had to read it 3 times to figure out what I think you mean.

Good talent still has to be coached. Sometimes good talent can become overconfident and lose focus. A good coaching staff keeps them focused and ready to play.

Red Blood, I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to clarify your statement because I had to read it 3 times to figure out what I think you mean.

Good talent still has to be coached. Sometimes good talent can become overconfident and lose focus. A good coaching staff keeps them focused and ready to play.

:thumb: Sorry Boyd County High School doesnt teach you how to type and think at the same time....:D

You know what I mean though:thumb:

I hate to knock anything about BC baseball because I absolutely love it, but they were not ready to play this weekend and there was some turmoil among players blaming each other for the outcome of the game. They need to come together and realize that they do have the team that can go all the way and have fun doing it.

150% correct on that Kinglion.....L hope they realize it before it is too late. Fairview knows what they have to do to beat Boyd. Boyd's boys better wake up and realize what is going on, or they will be watchin the regional, and sectionals from the stands.

I hate to knock anything about BC baseball because I absolutely love it, but they were not ready to play this weekend and there was some turmoil among players blaming each other for the outcome of the game. They need to come together and realize that they do have the team that can go all the way and have fun doing it.

I agree with you on some facts, but also dont believe one bad weekend constitutes on judgement of the staff.

In all defense of this years staff, they got the players to Applebees last year, that didnt make it there the year before, with basically the same players. So for now, lets give them a chance this year to see what they can produce.

I will be the first to say that there were some good things that came from the HS Staff before this staff, even though the results and records did not show that, but if Boyd does good this year, are all of you that are critical of this years staff going to be man enough to admit being wrong? Just a question......

I agree with you on some facts, but also dont believe one bad weekend constitutes on judgement of the staff.

In all defense of this years staff, they got the players to Applebees last year, that didnt make it there the year before, with basically the same players. So for now, lets give them a chance this year to see what they can produce.

I will be the first to say that there were some good things that came from the HS Staff before this staff, even though the results and records did not show that, but if Boyd does good this year, are all of you that are critical of this years staff going to be man enough to admit being wrong? Just a question......

I am only saying that there were some cracks in the armor revealed this weekend that I hadn't seen all year. I saw a side of the team that I had hoped I wouldn't see.

As for the players being the same, you forget that they had another year of experience under their belts. Plus I think that alot of players had trouble transitioning from the Hamilton era to the Spade era. And in Spades defense, it almost impossible to replace a legend.

As for this years team, they are just as loaded as last years team. What I am waiting to see from this staff is how they perform starting with next seasons team, when there is a significant drop in the talent level for the next few years. That is when I will make a full assessment IMO of their coaching capabilities.

As far as grumblings from players and parents about the coaches and that baseball is no longer fun for them, no one is going to completely happy with the coaches, and if they are then they probably aren't doing their job.

As for the players being the same, you forget that they had another year of experience under their belts. Plus I think that alot of players had trouble transitioning from the Hamilton era to the Spade era. And in Spades defense, it almost impossible to replace a legend.

I agree, Jody was very hard to replace. On the fact of the players. The team the year before the Present Staff took over, was MUCH better than the Present players, IMO. Dont get me wrong, I love this bunch of boys playing right now. I really thought that Spades last year, that Boyd would definetly be at Applebees. And like you said, it was going to be hard for any coach to come in and replace Jody.

I am also interested in watching Maynard and his Staff, to see if they get it done in the future, but I will say I do like his choices in his JV Program that he has made so far. I believe he has some great talent coming up, but we also do have a age group or two that is weaker than others.