Knox Central 4 South Laurel 0

Wow!! I think that this game more than proves that South doesn't have anything locked up. Knox Central was coming off of two losses in two days to Bell County and Cawood and traveled to South Laurel with a 7-11 record. Anyone have any thoughts or comments about this game?

I'm not sure the kid's name, but the lefty KC threw at SL was flat-out nasty on this day. SL played kind of flat, with several errors, but the bottom line is they had trouble hitting this kid.

It must have been Scalf, he is a very good pitcher.

Wow!! I think that this game more than proves that South doesn't have anything locked up. Knox Central was coming off of two losses in two days to Bell County and Cawood and traveled to South Laurel with a 7-11 record. Anyone have any thoughts or comments about this game?

Five of those eleven losses were by one run. Delays in completion of their field at the new high school caused the Panthers to have to play all their games on the road until April 17th. With the field now available look for KC to show steady improvement over the remainder of the season. Also, construction of their new indoor fieldhouse is scheduled to begin in the next few weeks which should result in a much faster start next season.

Central's weakness thus far has been defense, a result of not having an adequate place to practice.

Five of those eleven losses were by one run. Delays in completion of their field at the new high school caused the Panthers to have to play all their games on the road until April 17th. With the field now available look for KC to show steady improvement over the remainder of the season. Also, construction of their new indoor fieldhouse is scheduled to begin in the next few weeks which should result in a much faster start next season.

Central's weakness thus far has been defense, a result of not having an adequate place to practice.

This was a great win for Knox Central, don't get me wrong. But, they aren't that good. One run losses or not, they have lost 11 out of 18 games. Also, good teams find a way to win a few of those one-run games.

Knox Central is 0-3 at home this season. I'm not sure if that is a factor.

This was a great win for Knox Central, don't get me wrong. But, they aren't that good. One run losses or not, they have lost 11 out of 18 games. Also, good teams find a way to win a few of those one-run games.

Knox Central is 0-3 at home this season. I'm not sure if that is a factor.

You missed my point which was KC will take a little time to develop due to what I pointed out. IMO, you'll soon start seeing more KC wins. As for winning at SL, I don't recall any Panther losses to SL for several seasons.