Collins HS tennis player not allowed to participate because...

All Tell

I am sure there is two sides to this, as usual schools have confidentiality rules to abide by. The fact that the complaint was 17 pages tell me she is a nut job parent, what happened that couldnt be in a paragraph, and be solved?

Coach has to coach Tennis, not teach special ed. 3 hours after school where do we draw the line.....just being the devils advocate here?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure there is two sides to this, as usual schools have confidentiality rules to abide by. The fact that the complaint was 17 pages tell me she is a nut job parent, what happened that couldnt be in a paragraph, and be solved?

Coach has to coach Tennis, not teach special ed. 3 hours after school where do we draw the line.....just being the devils advocate here?

Do you even know anybody with Asperger's? It's not like full blown autism and not like someone with Down's. No special ed is needed.

Do you even know anybody with Asperger's? It's not like full blown autism and not like someone with Down's. No special ed is needed.

Yes, funny you should ask, a matter fact I know several in person of several different ages, and to be honest I would put my knowledge, education, training, and experience of the disease up against about anyone. I have taught, coached, and lived with them for over 20 years, as well as autism. I am also a realist...its not a coaches job manage everyones wishes or behaviors, I am just trying to paint a picture that there are two sides to every story.

Further more aspergers kids recieve special education every day, I have worked with kids diagnosed with full blown autism who functioned much better than those diagnosed with aspergers, while that is uncommon, It does happen, and can develop some pretty substantial behavior issues and progress more as a child ages.. Do you know any?:thumb: