Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Laura Terry Area POY

Featured Replies

The Daily Independent published the All-Area Team as voted by the coaches. The area includes Lawrence County and Johnson County from the 15th Region as well as the entire 16th Region. Laura Terry of Rose Hill was the choice of the coaches as player of the year. Pam Euton of Rose Hill and Troy Thomas of Rowan County shared the coach of the year honor.

 

The team consists of Terry, K. Faulkner, and Queen of Rose Hill; Okora, Fortman, and Daniels of Russell; Perry and Rayburn of West Carter; Baldwin and Tackett of East Carter; Brown and Badgett of Boyd County; Hughes of Rowan County; Sexton of Greenup County; Hughes of Lewis County; Jarrell of Paintsville; and Seals of Raceland. Seventeen seems to be a little too many but there may have been some ties in voting in the final few choices. Nevertheless, it is a good representation of the talent in the area.

 

Twenty-two girls were named honorable mention which, I guess, indicates that each got at least one vote. Coaches could not vote for their own players which adds legitimacy to the choices. Rose Hill was the only school with four on the total list of thirty-nine with Britt Faulkner being a most deserving choice as honorable mention. Britt's contributions sometimes did not stand out in the scorebook but it was clear to anyone who followed the Lady Royals that, without Britt, the school would not have its state runner-up trophy.

 

The list indicates that there is a lot of good talent returning next year in this area as nine of the seventeen all-area picks are juniors.

 

Congratulations to all who were honored.

Congratulations to all of the girls, and both coaches. I saw the picture of the team in the Daily Independent, and I have to say that Emily Queen's personality comes through in it.

 

Also, I have to ask, is that the new floor at Boyd County that they took the picture on? If so, it looks good - especially compared to the old tartan surface they used to have.

 

Lastly, the story that is online didn't show who made the Honorable Mention list, but I couldn't help but notice that no Kittens made the team. I'm sure that that's a reflection of the youth that pervades the Ashland girls' team, but in the next few years, that should change as well.

 

Again, congrats to all.

 

 

Frances

  • Author

Strait and Wilcox were among the twenty-two honorable mention selections. Bath County, Fleming County, and Elliott County were the only schools with no representation. I would expect Wilcox to be a sound choice for the all-area team in a couple of years. She is a hard worker with good potential.

Strait and Wilcox were among the twenty-two honorable mention selections. Bath County, Fleming County, and Elliott County were the only schools with no representation. I would expect Wilcox to be a sound choice for the all-area team in a couple of years. She is a hard worker with good potential.

 

Thanks, Scooterbob. :thumb:

 

This living away from home really has some disadvantages...

 

Frances

Strait and Wilcox were among the twenty-two honorable mention selections. Bath County, Fleming County, and Elliott County were the only schools with no representation. I would expect Wilcox to be a sound choice for the all-area team in a couple of years. She is a hard worker with good potential.

I'd say that you will see Strait on that list as well.

  • Author

I'm not familiar with Strait but you may be correct. It is good to see that you Ashland fans are coming forward in support of your young team. They have taken their beatings the last couple of years but could well be a force in the district and region in the future if they continue to improve and if they grow a little. Coach Bradley is a good man.

The Daily Independent published the All-Area Team as voted by the coaches. The area includes Lawrence County and Johnson County from the 15th Region as well as the entire 16th Region. Laura Terry of Rose Hill was the choice of the coaches as player of the year. Pam Euton of Rose Hill and Troy Thomas of Rowan County shared the coach of the year honor.

 

The team consists of Terry, K. Faulkner, and Queen of Rose Hill; Okora, Fortman, and Daniels of Russell; Perry and Rayburn of West Carter; Baldwin and Tackett of East Carter; Brown and Badgett of Boyd County; Hughes of Rowan County; Sexton of Greenup County; Hughes of Lewis County; Jarrell of Paintsville; and Seals of Raceland. Seventeen seems to be a little too many but there may have been some ties in voting in the final few choices. Nevertheless, it is a good representation of the talent in the area.

 

Twenty-two girls were named honorable mention which, I guess, indicates that each got at least one vote. Coaches could not vote for their own players which adds legitimacy to the choices. Rose Hill was the only school with four on the total list of thirty-nine with Britt Faulkner being a most deserving choice as honorable mention. Britt's contributions sometimes did not stand out in the scorebook but it was clear to anyone who followed the Lady Royals that, without Britt, the school would not have its state runner-up trophy.

 

The list indicates that there is a lot of good talent returning next year in this area as nine of the seventeen all-area picks are juniors.

 

Congratulations to all who were honored.

17 players from 19 teams is not too many. It is a prestigious honor to make the team. The team usually consaists of 15 players but there could have been some ties.

I'm not familiar with Strait but you may be correct. It is good to see that you Ashland fans are coming forward in support of your young team. They have taken their beatings the last couple of years but could well be a force in the district and region in the future if they continue to improve and if they grow a little. Coach Bradley is a good man.

:thumb: :thumb:

Congratulations to all the girls and to the coaches as well. And I would like to truly congratulate Laura. She is as fine a person as you'll meet. Not to mention she has some serious skills on the hardwood. :ylsuper:

Strait and Wilcox were among the twenty-two honorable mention selections. Bath County, Fleming County, and Elliott County were the only schools with no representation. I would expect Wilcox to be a sound choice for the all-area team in a couple of years. She is a hard worker with good potential.

 

Scooterbob -

 

I appreciate the update, but I would like to ask you a favor - could you post the names of all of the girls that made Honorable Mention?

 

Again, without them being in the Daily Independent, I miss out on what's happening with the people back home.

 

I know that you follow Girl's Basketball as closely as anyone, so I thought you would be the person to ask.

 

Thanks in advance,

Frances

  • Author

Frances,

 

The Honorable Mention selections were as follows:

Ashland: K. Strait and A. Wilcox

Boyd County: C. Scaggs

East Carter: B. McDavid, and A. Myers

Fairview: C. Evans

Greenup County: S. Tavis

Johnson Central: C. Conley, C. Griffith, and C. Salyers

Lawrence County: T. Bowen, B. Chaffins, and B. Frazier

Menifee County: K. Prewitt

Morgan County: L. Eagle

Paintsville: K. Carroll

Raceland: K. Porter and P. Porter

Rose Hill: B. Faulkner

Rowan County: N. Barr and L. Wientjes

West Carter: W. Bocook

Frances,

 

The Honorable Mention selections were as follows:

Ashland: K. Strait and A. Wilcox

Boyd County: C. Scaggs

East Carter: B. McDavid, and A. Myers

Fairview: C. Evans

Greenup County: S. Tavis

Johnson Central: C. Conley, C. Griffith, and C. Salyers

Lawrence County: T. Bowen, B. Chaffins, and B. Frazier

Menifee County: K. Prewitt

Morgan County: L. Eagle

Paintsville: K. Carroll

Raceland: K. Porter and P. Porter

Rose Hill: B. Faulkner

Rowan County: N. Barr and L. Wientjes

West Carter: W. Bocook

 

Thanks a ton, Scooterbob.

 

I appreciate the help, and I'm putting you down in the book for an "assist". :thumb:

 

Frances

Congrats to all the girls that made this team, it is an honor - and bc I am an old rambler a special congrats to W. Seals and the Porter girls.

Love the new look, Frances.

 

Do you?

 

I just got back from a trip to the coast, where I met a young doctor that specializes in facelifts. Not saying I had one, mind you - only that he specializes in them.

 

As for me, I've begun a new program of skin tightening exercises, and I like to think that they've been paying off. You should see me in the new thong bikini that I picked up while out west ... :scared:

 

 

Frances

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.