Mercer County 63 Woodford County 40

First

Mercer was up 34-18 at the half. Very impressive defensive effort as they held a 17-9 Woodford team to 17 points below their season average. Woodford's last game was a 63-43 win at West Jessamine.

Mercer is a different team when they bring that level of defensive intensity. They have the length and athleticism if they come with the right mentality.

Obviously, this game was called by 11th region officials. While I felt there were a few calls that seemed to be examples of home cooking, I wish all of our games were called this way. The referees did not dictate anything about this game. It was actually fun to watch. You rarely noticed the officials!!!

Unless I'm seeing things there is a thread started that says Woodford Co and Mason Co game canceled. Said it was due to the weather.

I'd have to know when that game was scheduled to have been played. Woodford County and Mercer County has been on the schedule all season if I am not mistaken. I used it in the Bluegrass Region contest as one of thegames so at the very least it was on the schedule for over a week before it was played last night.