Newport vs St Henry predictions 9th Region All 'A' Classic semi-finals

I've seen two Newport games. Against Holmes and Dayton Ponitz. Against Holmes they looked really good until they went ice cold in the 3rd quarter and allowed Holmes to come back. Against Dayton Ponitz, they looked off the entire game. I've not seen St Henry but from what I'm told they aren't a bad bunch. Seems like it may be an interesting game.

This game should really be a good one.

What's on the line should certainly make both teams fight hard for the victory and approach it with diehard focus, and both teams do have some strong pluses working in their favor that make it hard to predict the outcome.

My hunch leans towards feeling that St. Henry has an edge in physicality, and the potential to stay more focused throughout the entire battle, but Newport will undoubtedly bring it too, and you can't ever rule out the leadership of Ethan Snapp in keeping the fire in his own teammates alive throughout.

My mind's eye is seeing St. Henry rule the boards, and Newport dealing with foul trouble, and many times that foul trouble related to the struggle at the boards, and falling short resulting in their undoing because I don't think that they can compete effectively enough with the Crusaders's inside presence.

Newport will have to be hot from the 3 to stay alive in this one, but ultimately I see St. Henry frustrating the Wildcats and walking away with a 7-10 point victory with Newport making desperate efforts late by keeping the ball in Snapp's hands to see if he can work any miracles, but as good as he is, it'll prove too much work for him to singlehandedly accomplish.

St. Henry by 7-10