NKY Teams

Well, I would say that I am fairly new to the forum but I do troll it several times a day. What I'm wanting for someone to explain to me is the high emphasis (it seems) on the NKY Teams. As I read threads from day to day it seems that NKY is sort of placed into a class by themselves; that being separate from the rest of the states teams. They even have their own rankings! Is it that the Girls Basketball Forum is filled with NKY fans? Someone please explain to me why NKY seems to be it's own community, separating themselves from the rest of the state.

Well' date=' I would say that I am fairly new to the forum but I do troll it several times a day. What I'm wanting for someone to explain to me is the high emphasis (it seems) on the NKY Teams. As I read threads from day to day it seems that NKY is sort of placed into a class by themselves; that being separate from the rest of the states teams. They even have their own rankings! Is it that the Girls Basketball Forum is filled with NKY fans? Someone please explain to me why NKY seems to be it's own community, separating themselves from the rest of the state.[/quote']

Most of the regulars are from NKY.

It is that simple.

Ahhh, gotcha! Thanks. The bias on the forum for those teams is kind of ridiculous!

You starting a thread is a great start. This is an open forum. The next step would be to post a thread with game scores, comments and information about the teams in your area. That is all anyone else is doing.

Bias?

Sorry Clyde, "bias" was probably a poor choice of a word. A more fitting word would have been emphasis. All I hear about is NKY teams and how they haven't gotten the respect they deserve, and how such and such should be ranked higher, and so forth. All in all, I was just wondering why all of the emphasis on the NKY teams.

Sorry Clyde' date=' "bias" was probably a poor choice of a word. A more fitting word would have been emphasis. All I hear about is NKY teams and how they haven't gotten the respect they deserve, and how such and such should be ranked higher, and so forth. All in all, I was just wondering why all of the emphasis on the NKY teams.[/quote']

Gotcha.

The board has a few areas that have a lot of posters and NKY is one of them. So people post about what they watch. Add in that we have so many schools within 30 minutes of each other and you get a lot of debate - some intelligent, some not so much.

Gotcha.

The board has a few areas that have a lot of posters and NKY is one of them. So people post about what they watch. Add in that we have so many schools within 30 minutes of each other and you get a lot of debate - some intelligent, some not so much.

And feel free to join in on either one. :thumb: