Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Public vs Private State Championships??

Featured Replies

I'm sorry I thought we were discussing the unlikelyhood of Rose Hills sucess, not LexCath. But as far as LexCath goes, I will paraphrase Guru on this don't restrict yourself to which students you can accept and complain when others don't do the same.

 

Back to my point, whether they and/or their competition was completely portrayed correctly in the movie is irrelevant. In real life they still had to play at least one school a lot bigger than them. Smaller schools do have to play more of the larger sized schools to advance, but if that is really your beef then you should be arguing that basketball be classified. Small schools, public and private, have to deal with the same problems that they did 50 years ago.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry I thought we were discussing the unlikelyhood of Rose Hills sucess, not LexCath. But as far as LexCath goes, I will paraphrase Guru on this don't restrict yourself to which students you can accept and complain when others don't do the same.

 

Back to my point, whether they and/or their competition was completely portrayed correctly in the movie is irrelevant. In real life they still had to play at least one school a lot bigger than them. Smaller schools do have to play more of the larger sized schools to advance, but if that is really your beef then you should be arguing that basketball be classified. Small schools, public and private, have to deal with the same problems that they did 50 years ago.

I have done what you suggest in the last paragraph. There is a thread I have started that makes what I think would be a fair and logical decision not based on private/public or straight school size.

 

The post I made was on Rose Hill's success and directed at your post on Milan, Ind. They did not face schools like LC in their time. So your post does not work because some of the obstacles a school like Milan would face today, they did not face in the 50's.

The way our state tournaments are set up now doesn't call for a seperation and to say that a winning team (private winning team) should have an asterisk by their name is absurd.

 

There are LARGE public schools as well, these LARGE schools don't just exist in the private sector. Maybe what the state really needs is to class everything, you could still hold the SWEET 16, just in a different manner. The SWEET 16 being so sacred across the state is on it's own one reason you will probably never see classes in this state! You can still have great sports and basetball w/classes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.