Holmes 55 George Rogers Clark 46 2OT

What a game. Lots of fouls were called and Holmes held the ball for LONG PERIODS of time. GRC did not have Haridman or Kendrid for this game. Haridman has a bruised disk from a fall in last nights game against Paris and will be out a few games it looks like. Kendrid has a hurt wrist.

Anderson fouled out in the 4th quarter and Skinner in 2nd OT. Holmes had a player foul out in 2nd OT , but I didn't get her name.

Best of luck to Holmes the rest of the season they have a nice team.

Hanna Tubbs had 19 for Holmes. Anderson had 16 for GRC and I think Skinner had 16 too.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I won't do is jump on here and immediately discredit another teams accomplishment because I didn't like the other coaches strategy( not necessarily against GRC) and point out who didn't play to try and take that other teams efforts and asterisk it up!!

So now I'm confused...did Holmes the ball for periods of time or didn't they. If so, why? Just curious.

Congratulations to Holmes the tough 2 OT win today. Lots of great players will look forward to watching them as the season goes along.

The answer to your question is yes. Holmes held the ball 2 mins at the end of the 1st, 1 min at the end of the second, over 7 mins in the fourth. It is what it is in that department (there have been countless threads here on BGP debating that tactic so the individual will have to make their determination).

What I won't do is jump on here and immediately discredit another teams accomplishment because I didn't like the other coaches strategy( not necessarily against GRC) and point out who didn't play to try and take that other teams efforts and asterisk it up!!

You can deflect that noise all you want. Goldie just put up basic information and you seemed to take exception to it, so these facts must have touched a nerve. No one discredited the win by Holmes, far from it.

55 points is a lot of points if one team held the ball for over 10 minutes of the game.

If I were guessing, Holmes had the lead and GRC sat back in a zone. From what I understand, GRC is a really big team. Holmes on the other hand is a pretty quick team.

Hence, Holmes has the lead or at least tied. GRC packs in the zone, so Holmes pulls it out to force GRC to play man to man or at least come out of the zone?

55 points is a lot of points if one team held the ball for over 10 minutes of the game.

If I were guessing, Holmes had the lead and GRC sat back in a zone. From what I understand, GRC is a really big team. Holmes on the other hand is a pretty quick team.

Hence, Holmes has the lead or at least tied. GRC packs in the zone, so Holmes pulls it out to force GRC to play man to man or at least come out of the zone?

^^Very close with some minor differences. Congrats to them. Hope to see them again soon.

What a game. Lots of fouls were called and Holmes held the ball for LONG PERIODS of time. GRC did not have Haridman or Kendrid for this game. Haridman has a bruised disk from a fall in last nights game against Paris and will be out a few games it looks like. Kendrid has a hurt wrist.

Anderson fouled out in the 4th quarter and Skinner in 2nd OT. Holmes had a player foul out in 2nd OT , but I didn't get her name.

Best of luck to Holmes the rest of the season they have a nice team.

Hanna Tubbs had 19 for Holmes. Anderson had 16 for GRC and I think Skinner had 16 too.

Tell me how I was discrediting Holmes team???? I stated facts of how the game was played. Where did I say I didn't like the coaches strategy? I stated what players we had out with injuries. Also when players fouled out of the game for both teams. I also said Holmes had a nice team and wished them luck the rest of the season.

Those that know me on this board, know I am a supporter of GRC sports, but also a supporter of all kids, doesn't matter what jersey they wear.

Holmes 55, Geroge Rogers Clark 46 (2 OT)

Holmes (3-0) - Harris 6 0 14, Tubbs 3 8 17, Englemon 1 1 4, Mayes 2 2 6, Gulley 3 0 6, Stovall 3 2 8. Totals: 18 13 55.

GRC (2-1) - Welsh 1 2 4, K. Williams 2 0 6, Taylor 1 3 5, Anderson 4 8 16, Skinner 5 5 15. Totals: 13 18 46.

Halftime score: GRC 26-24. 3-pointers: H 6 (Tubbs 3, Harris 2, Englemon); G 2 (K. Williams 2).

http://www.cincinnati.com/sports/

Bingo!!! This was spot on GRC ONLY played zone(which is fine) Holmes strategy at the end of the first three quarters because of foul trouble was to limit potential fouls mainly to force GRC to come out and guard and open the floor!! So I'm confused because it looks like a brilliant strategy on the scoreboard.. And if GRC coaches, players and fans didn't like Holmes holding the ball( IT WAS BORING) all the coaches had to do was instruct their girls to step out and defend !!!