Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Murray State at Xavier Thoughts / Predictions

Featured Replies

  • Author

...

 

Bugatti, as a Murray State fan, I'd be interested in your thoughts about last night's game?

 

I thought Payne played well, he certainly has a lot of skill and a bright future.

...

 

Bugatti, as a Murray State fan, I'd be interested in your thoughts about last night's game?

 

I thought Payne played well, he certainly has a lot of skill and a bright future.

Total hose job by the refs. The Racers had that one if were not for the zebras.

All kidding aside, I was disappointed in the MSU performance, but the bulk of that credit goes to Xavier. They are incredibly balanced and can present problems for teams all season. Murray State has no length on the interior and it showed. Jarvis Williams is a stud at the OVC level... like OVC player of the year caliber, but provided nothing last night due to the length. Same goes for Fairell. I am glad Cam Payne was able to showcase his talents. I know a guy that coaches for Belmont and they run some advanced analytics on players and Payne grades out way high. He is a nightmare for opponents. He had a couple of bad turnovers but some of that is a product of the caliber of player he is playing with. Payne ended with 23 pts, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals in 30 minutes. Could have had 2-3 more assists. I thought he was the best player on the court. Problem is players 2-10 were on Xavier's team. :lol2:

  • Author

....

 

You'd have a hard time convincing me of him over Trevon Bluiett, but I get the gist of your comment. :D

 

You make a great point about Williams, you could tell he is used to getting his way, but he just had no shot in the paint. #23, I think that was his number, the guy who hung out in the corner, needs to work on having a 2nd move besides a jab step to the baseline and then a hard dribble pull up back to his left. Solid shooter, but a bit of a one-trick pony.

I I thought Xavier played really well. They were bigger, stronger & faster at every position last night. It showed early & often.

 

Davis (#11) for XU played very well. He took control of the game & was solid. Stainbrook & Farr (#2) had their way down low. They didn’t do anything exceptional other than be much bigger & stronger than Murray State. Heck, even O’Mara (#54) for XU played well.

 

All in all, Xavier took care of business. They’re poised to have a very good year; however, last night was not a good test.

 

I was beyond disappointed with Murray State in literally every aspect of the game. They played no defense at all and expressed no interest in rebounding. Payne was probably the 2nd most talented player on the floor last night (I have to give Reynolds the #1 ranking). Outside of him, it was pathetic.

 

I’d LOVE to see a replay of the hard foul on #55 (Macura?) that resulted in the Murray State player & XU’s Reynolds getting ejected. From my view, it appeared he made a play on the ball. There was a lot of contact, and Macura dropped to the ground like sack of potatoes, but I did not think it warranted an ejection – at least not live. The way Macura dropped made it a little more chilling, and I suppose it was “excessive contact”, but it did not appear malicious to me. XU’s Reynolds was promptly ejected for leaving the bench & coming onto the floor.

 

This has the makings to be one of the better XU teams in recent memory. They have solid guard play, a couple solid big guys, and athletic wings that are physically capable of competing with most teams. I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself, especially since Murray State looked like a HS team last night, but they were impressive.

I I thought Xavier played really well. They were bigger' date=' stronger & faster at every position last night. It showed early & often. Davis (#11) for XU played very well. He took control of the game & was solid. Stainbrook & Farr (#2) had their way down low. They didn’t do anything exceptional other than be much bigger & stronger than Murray State. Heck, even O’Mara (#54) for XU played well. All in all, Xavier took care of business. They’re poised to have a very good year; however, last night was not a good test. I was beyond disappointed with Murray State in literally every aspect of the game. They played no defense at all and expressed no interest in rebounding. Payne was probably the 2nd most talented player on the floor last night (I have to give Reynolds the #1 ranking). Outside of him, it was pathetic. I’d LOVE to see a replay of the hard foul on #55 (Macura?) that resulted in the Murray State player & XU’s Reynolds getting ejected. From my view, it appeared he made a play on the ball. There was a lot of contact, and Macura dropped to the ground like sack of potatoes, but I did not think it warranted an ejection – at least not live. The way Macura dropped made it a little more chilling, and I suppose it was “excessive contact”, but it did not appear malicious to me. XU’s Reynolds was promptly ejected for leaving the bench & coming onto the floor. This has the makings to be one of the better XU teams in recent memory. They have solid guard play, a couple solid big guys, and athletic wings that are physically capable of competing with most teams. I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself, especially since Murray State looked like a HS team last night, but they were impressive.[/quote']The fall on the foul is what made it look so bad. He actually got in line with Macura and made a decent play on the ball. Trust me, Gilmore is softer than Cottonelle and the last player on MSU that would make a hard foul.
The fall on the foul is what made it look so bad. He actually got in line with Macura and made a decent play on the ball. Trust me' date=' Gilmore is softer than Cottonelle and the last player on MSU that would make a hard foul.[/quote'] That's exactly what I thought but I haven't been able to see a replay

 

XU fans were not happy with Gilmore. I understand why, but I didn't think it was a dirty play and was honestly surprised that he was ejected. Macura went down HARD but that's what happens when a 6'5'' 175 pound Frosh takes it to the rack.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.