Congrats to Highlands' Jeff Vories and Dixie's Sam Lawson

for being invited by the Ky. Assn. of Basketball Coaches to play in the East-West All-Star game on Saturday for being the best senior players! I know the selection was slightly limited since CCH was in the state tourney and they probably weren't eligible, but both players selected had great varsity careers! Make No. Ky. proud and best of luck! :ylsuper:

for being invited by the Ky. Assn. of Basketball Coaches to play in the East-West All-Star game on Saturday for being the best senior players! I know the selection was slightly limited since CCH was in the state tourney and they probably weren't eligible, but both players selected had great varsity careers! Make No. Ky. proud and best of luck! :ylsuper:

CovCath players were eligible, and I would have thought Tierney might have gotten a look.

Only SENIORS are eligible. Each region gets at least one kid in the tryout as the KABC, votes for the best senior in each region. The other 16 kids are chosen at-large for the tryout.

Penick wasn't chosen?

IMO, I think that it was due to work ethic, at times he just disappears while out there on the court.

I'm not questioning the decision to leave him off, necessarily. Vories and Lawson certainly deserve credit.

But, Penick is big, and he put up impressive numbers. I know those numbers are skewed by the D-III schedule, but he is a D-I signee. Could it be Ludlow dropped the ball in promoting the kid?

Also, a bit surprised Romes didn't get the nod. Work ethic can't be questioned with this kid and he put up HUGE numbers. Another case of the D-III schedule coming into play?

Goes back to the POY discussion thread earlier.... just like I predicted... Vories would get POY. Thank you..... Congrats Jeff and Lawson who also can play. Romes had a great year no doubt he has a scrapbook full of headlines and hefty stats and Penick can play, period. However, they cant give it to everyone and Vories had some huge games against very tough competition and overall was the best player.