Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thank you coaches and players for the 2014 season

Featured Replies

Another season has come and gone.

Through the ups and downs the coaches, the players and the fans have all shared something that time can never take away

 

To the coaches, who work endless hours and give up so much, I and everyone reading this say thank you for all that you do. We, as fans never see the work you put into what you all do, but we are the first to criticize along with saying how it should be done. In all reality 99.99% of us have no clue to do what you do or even how you do it.

 

To the players weather you are a starter or a backup we, the fan have to say thank you for allowing us to share in what you do and forgive our ignorance when we act up by booing you or posting bad things about your play on great websites like this one.

 

 

To the seniors, it must feel like yesterday you put on the pads for the first time starting your dreams of be an M.V.P. Winning a district, winning a playoff game and of course winning state. The sweat and tears you put into this is something we, the fan will never know and something you will never forget.

All of the sacrifices you made to be part of a football team, the injuries the tackles, the wins and the loses are all part of the craziness that you love and are things you will take with you through life.

 

For some of those seniors your playing days are over and the missing most of you will have will last for years as I have been told by many former high school players. Some of you will go onto play at some level in college and the lessons you have learn will take you along way coupled with all of the things you have already learn. Good luck to each and everyone of you and thank you for allowing we, the fan to share in some of this.

 

 

To the seniors who are playing another week thanks to your team making the playoffs.

This coming week heading to your game, take a minute between now and then and remember how this ride started and how badly you want it to continue. Then during practice this week may I suggest make it the best week you have ever had in hopes of this ride continuing for you and your team.

 

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF THE PLAYERS AND COACHES FOR ANOTHER GREAT YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

Great job NCF. We all benefit the hard work of the players, coaches and officials.

Great post I hope all the young men read this .

Another season has come and gone.

Through the ups and downs the coaches, the players and the fans have all shared something that time can never take away

 

To the coaches, who work endless hours and give up so much, I and everyone reading this say thank you for all that you do. We, as fans never see the work you put into what you all do, but we are the first to criticize along with saying how it should be done. In all reality 99.99% of us have no clue to do what you do or even how you do it.

 

To the players weather you are a starter or a backup we, the fan have to say thank you for allowing us to share in what you do and forgive our ignorance when we act up by booing you or posting bad things about your play on great websites like this one.

 

 

To the seniors, it must feel like yesterday you put on the pads for the first time starting your dreams of be an M.V.P. Winning a district, winning a playoff game and of course winning state. The sweat and tears you put into this is something we, the fan will never know and something you will never forget.

All of the sacrifices you made to be part of a football team, the injuries the tackles, the wins and the loses are all part of the craziness that you love and are things you will take with you through life.

 

For some of those seniors your playing days are over and the missing most of you will have will last for years as I have been told by many former high school players. Some of you will go onto play at some level in college and the lessons you have learn will take you along way coupled with all of the things you have already learn. Good luck to each and everyone of you and thank you for allowing we, the fan to share in some of this.

 

 

To the seniors who are playing another week thanks to your team making the playoffs.

This coming week heading to your game, take a minute between now and then and remember how this ride started and how badly you want it to continue. Then during practice this week may I suggest make it the best week you have ever had in hopes of this ride continuing for you and your team.

 

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF THE PLAYERS AND COACHES FOR ANOTHER GREAT YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

 

Loved this Newarkcatholicfan!

Here's one I posted last year about this time. It was written by a high school football player I know very well. By the way, all the names were changed because it does involve a Kentucky High School team.

 

===========================================================================================

 

Everything I really need to know I learned from football. It has been a teacher of commitment, courage, strength and strangely enough, love. I am the man that I am because of football. Football builds character, builds relationships, and builds men. Sure, you learn things like how to block, and how to tackle, but the most important things that are learned on the football field have little to do with the game of football itself. As many old coaches have said over time, “We are not in the business of producing football players. We are in the business of producing men.”

 

The first thing that I learned from football was commitment. Toward the end of eighth grade year, those interested in playing football are bussed to the high school to take part in the strength and conditioning program which would prepare us for the next four years of battle. We wandered through the cavernous halls, making our way toward the ancient cage that was the old locker room. Strength and conditioning was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. You are constantly moving, constantly lifting, taking your body to the absolute breaking point, and then being asked to do it again. After a few weeks, I could hardly take any more, and I wanted to quit. John Jones was one of our senior linemen that year. I found it very easy to talk to him because he was always cracking jokes and lightening up even the darkest of moods. He told me he had some of the same struggles when he first started. His advice was to put faith in the coaches and never give up. The fact that he, John Jones, the biggest guy on the football team, once had the same struggles as I did, gave me confidence that I could get through this and be a good football player.

 

Courage, strength and determination were among the next subjects that football taught me. Sophomore year is when football players start playing with the big boys, the upper-classmen. My biggest teacher whether he knew it or not, was Bob Smith. He was a senior and our best lineman. Most sophomores, like myself, played on the practice squads. No matter where I lined up, I seemed to have to go up against him. I remember one particular day he hit me so hard he knocked the air out of me and didn’t just do this once, he did it three plays in a row! I kept going though, and it made me tougher and stronger every time he hit me, because I was learning how to deal with the pain that comes with playing football. Three games into that season a varsity lineman was injured, and I was called upon to make the start. I was nervous, but I was prepared. If I was ever in trouble I knew Bob would be there to help me out.

 

Above all, the most important things that football taught me were love and respect. A football team is really more like a family than a team. You have your teammates as your brothers, your father; Coach Adams, your grandpa; Coach Vines, and your crazy uncle; Coach Lavelle. Just like any other family, it takes love and respect to keep it going. When people think of football players, they think of dumb jocks too thick to have emotions. That’s not true at all. We bleed, sweat and even cry together. With practice, games, film and weight lifting, we spend more time with each other than anyone else in our lives. My biggest fear in life is letting down my teammates and coaches. Sometimes you can’t stand them, but ultimately you love and respect each person on your team. Each year at the last game, I break down and start bawling as I realize I will never play with the seniors again. This year was my senior year. It ended in a playoff loss, ending my entire career. It was hard to deal with at first, but I will always have the memories and the life lessons to remind me of what it was like and why football is so important to me.

 

Over the last six years, football has been my mentor. No one, nothing has taught me more about life in this time. Thanks to football, I know what it is going to take to be a man in this world: courage, strength, commitment, determination, love and respect. I will take everything that I have learned from my teammates and coaches and live my life by these lessons. Hopefully, I will be able to pass these lessons on one day when I become a football coach and join “the business of producing men.”

Great letter Oldog. Truly a player perspective, anyone that has played the game understands it.

Great letter Oldog. Truly a player perspective, anyone that has played the game understands it.

 

Thanks Ram. This kid wrote it his senior year in HS. He's coaching middle school football now hoping to climb up the ranks to be a high school coach one day.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.