South Laurel 87 North Laurel 43

Wow. I am not surprised by SL winning, but shocked by the score. The Cardinals must have kicked it into high gear tonight. HUGE win.

Congrats on a good season to the Jaguars. Played a very tough schedule, lost to the defending state champion in the regional semis. Coach Conway did a good job this season, especially considering that he was a first year head coach who lost 7 seniors from last season, 4 who started.

No team in the state would've beaten SL tonight. They were fantastic. Another monster game for Jordan Hammonds, going 7-11 on threes and 9-15 overall on the way to a 29-point, 5-rebound, 5-assist night. South shot 12-25 on threes and 32-57 overall. Congratulations on a great game.

My heart goes out to the NL seniors and for all the adversity you had to go through, especially three-year starter Shanade Allen. You guys have been a lot of fun to watch. Don't hang your heads over this one too long. There's only so much you can do against a team playing at that high a level as SL did.

South was just WOO tonight, I think most Clay Co fans that watched South against North was sorda not wanting clay co to have to meet them...and North should not hang their heads down because South could have beat about any team in the country tonight..... Billy Carson and Allen are great players and good luck in the future!

South was just WOO tonight, I think most Clay Co fans that watched South against North was sorda not wanting clay co to have to meet them...and North should not hang their heads down because South could have beat about any team in the country tonight..... Billy Carson and Allen are great players and good luck in the future!

Good post. I have heard that Carson and Allen are solid kids as well. These seniors have had 3 different coaches in 4 years and so much else to deal with. They played with class and showed a great deal of heart. Hate to see seniors end their HS careers with that kind of loss, but it looks like South wanted to send a message that they are back in March form. Message received loud and clear. :scared: