Franklin Simpson is putting it together.

fastaslightin

They are playing great defense, and there offense has been very explosive. The areas they were to be weak in, they are finding it to be their strength. This team really seems to like each other, and are playing like it. They are very well coached and play very hard and physical. If they can slow their penalties, sky is the limit for this team.

They've beaten a 1-3 Greenwood team, an 0-4 Logan Co. team, and a good 1-2 Graves Co. team. Let's wait and see how they handle a 2-1 Battle Ground Academy before we start talking "sky is the limit" about them.

I do agree that they are very well coached which is reflected in their physicality and tenacity.

FS is better so far than I expected them to be. The passing game is better than it has been in a while, they don't throw a lot but are much more efficient with it when they do. The defense is aggressive, some teams can take advantage of that as Greenwood did a couple of times last night, but FS is tackling about as well as I have ever seen them. When they get hold of somebody, he usually goes down, very few ballcarriers are breaking tackles on them this year and that has been a problem in the recent past. Biggest challenges left on the schedule are the next 3 games---Battle Ground Academy for homecoming, at Russellville, and at Warren East. FS lost by 21 at BGA last year while outgaining them by almost 100 yards. They could not finish off drives last year, and FS is much better at that so far this year. Russellville will be speed vs. speed, plus a rivalry game on top of it. Warren East seems to be built around one player, but he is one of the best in the state. AC-S seems to be down, Breckinridge is Breckinridge, and a Hopkinsville team that is as down as I can ever remember rounds out FS's schedule. My optimistic prediction is another showdown with Owensboro for the Region title, this time at Franklin, but that's a long way off yet and many things can happen.

FS is better so far than I expected them to be. The passing game is better than it has been in a while, they don't throw a lot but are much more efficient with it when they do. The defense is aggressive, some teams can take advantage of that as Greenwood did a couple of times last night, but FS is tackling about as well as I have ever seen them. When they get hold of somebody, he usually goes down, very few ballcarriers are breaking tackles on them this year and that has been a problem in the recent past. Biggest challenges left on the schedule are the next 3 games---Battle Ground Academy for homecoming, at Russellville, and at Warren East. FS lost by 21 at BGA last year while outgaining them by almost 100 yards. They could not finish off drives last year, and FS is much better at that so far this year. Russellville will be speed vs. speed, plus a rivalry game on top of it. Warren East seems to be built around one player, but he is one of the best in the state. AC-S seems to be down, Breckinridge is Breckinridge, and a Hopkinsville team that is as down as I can ever remember rounds out FS's schedule. My optimistic prediction is another showdown with Owensboro for the Region title, this time at Franklin, but that's a long way off yet and many things can happen.

Wow FS! If you play Owensboro in the playoffs that will be a great game. Got to see O last night and they were terriffic, but playing in Franklin would be big. Like you said a long way away. Good luck next week!