Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sleeper teams (boys)

Featured Replies

Got any?

 

holy cross is currently 3-0-2 with 19 goals scored and only 3 against. Yes , I know, they have played lowered tiered teams......except they tied Campbell County 2-2........

 

This one slid under the radar.........

I guess the verdict is still out on this one... Their 3 wins are against Villa(2) and Gallatin Co.

 

Tie against Campbell County seems to have been a good result for HC, I heard they lost to NCC last night 4-0.

  • Author

Last night....for most of the game......I would define Cov Cath as a "sleeper" team

 

:ohbrother:

Last night....for most of the game......I would define Cov Cath as a "sleeper" team

 

:ohbrother:

 

 

Old timer. Let's see you get through those Ohio teams before you proclaim CCH is a sleeper!

Sorry......meant "Sleep-Y" team.....

 

Old time.. You will not get through Trinity... You will get through McNick and Elder.. When you play 7hills you will see real soccer other than Cooper. As far as Summit this will be a true match to see if CCH can win state

  • Author

Nut Meg......this is starting to get off topic, but two points......

 

I am a CCH fan/supporter.......but on a broader scale, I root for NKY soccer teams over non NKY soccer teams, and KY soccer teams over non Ky soccer teams. You seem to root only for Cooper and for ohio soccer and against all other NKY soccer teams.......fine...I applaud your dedication with a somewhat glassy look in my eyes.........looking at Cooper's schedule below, it seems you would want to build up NKY soccer, because that is all they play, and in doing so, you build up Cooper's wins.

 

I would love to debate you on which team (CCH or Cooper) would represent NKY soccer better against the teams you mentioned, but quite frankly, it would only be speculation on your part. You see CCH does play, Elder, McNick, Trinity, Lex Cath, Summit, St. X, 7Hills, East Central, In and Cooper plays none of these. Listed below is Cooper's schedule. Perhaps instead of scheduling a Grant Cty, St Francis, Walton Verona, Covington Latin, or Calvary Xian, there would have been room for an Ohio team... a loss to any of the teams listed above, moves your program forward more than a win against the other teams listed .....no offense...

 

I would welcome the opportunity to root for Cooper against Ohio or Lex. or Louis. teams, but oh well, maybe next year.

 

So I will let you speculate, because again, I would like to deal in facts, but you cannot due to circumstances beyond your control. The schedule listed below.

 

Sorry if this drifted off topic.....have an outstanding day !!

 

14 Grant County home 3 - 0 (W) Click

Aug 26, 14 Campbell County home 4 - 2 (W) Click

Aug 28, 14 Dixie Heights home 2 - 0 (W) Click

Sep 2, 14 Simon Kenton away 8:00 PM

Sep 4, 14 Highlands home 8:00 PM

Sep 6, 14 Newport Central Catholic away 3:00 PM

Sep 9, 14 Scott County away 8:00 PM Cardinal Cup

Sep 11, 14 TBA at Scott County Cardinal Cup

Sep 13, 14 Walton-Verona away 11:30 AM

Sep 16, 14 Ryle away 8:00 PM

Sep 18, 14 Holy Cross (Covington) away 5:15 PM

Sep 20, 14 Covington Latin away 12:30 PM

Sep 25, 14 Conner away 7:00 PM

Sep 27, 14 Scott away 2:00 PM

Sep 30, 14 St. Francis away 6:00 PM

Oct 2, 14 Boone County home 8:00 PM

Oct 4, 14 Calvary Christian home 4:00 PM

Oct 7, 14 Bishop Brossart away

I am not sure that the match against Summit will provide an indication of whether CCH can win State, it could, but I do not feel that Summit is equal to the top few teams in KY this year.

 

I believe that Summit could be down a little this year, a lot will depend on how well the underclassmen are able to step up. I also feel that although CCH has several upperclassmen, they will also need some time to pull together in hopes of making a deep run.

 

This being said, they both have 4 weeks to work on things before they meet on 9/27.

I am not sure that the match against Summit will provide an indication of whether CCH can win State, it could, but I do not feel that Summit is equal to the top few teams in KY this year.

 

I believe that Summit could be down a little this year, a lot will depend on how well the underclassmen are able to step up. I also feel that although CCH has several upperclassmen, they will also need some time to pull together in hopes of making a deep run.

 

This being said, they both have 4 weeks to work on things before they meet on 9/27.

 

They may very well do so in dsitrict play... Latin, Holmes, if they choose to make it up, and Holy Cross.

  • Author
They may very well do so in dsitrict play... Latin, Holmes, if they choose to make it up, and Holy Cross.

 

No control over who is in the district. CCH schedules Holmes if they want as a courtesy for proximity. Only play the others in the district tourny.

 

Full control over regular scheduled games...Cooper actively scheduled HC, Latin, Calv Xian, St. Francis......

I for one, would welcome a more upgraded schedule for Cooper, but I will also point out that this cannot be accomplished in a year. I believe that contracts/agreements with other schools could dictate when you are able to remove teams from your schedule and I believe that if you look back a season, or two, you will see some teams that have been replaced by others and the quality of their schedule is improving.

 

I do not believe that you will see Villa, Gallatin Co, Pendleton Co, etc... Some of the newer ones I can think of would be Highlands, Bishop Brossart, Scott Co, North Oldham, DuPont Manual and Montgomery Co. I will also say that they have pursued St Henry for a couple of seasons to no avail.

 

It seems like the current coach is trying to make these types of changes there but it will not happen quickly, I feel they are on the right path.

 

Another thought... I am not sure you should be downplaying HC being on Cooper's schedule... I believe they are the reason you actually started this thread.

No control over who is in the district. CCH schedules Holmes if they want as a courtesy for proximity. Only play the others in the district tourny.

 

Full control over regular scheduled games...Cooper actively scheduled HC, Latin, Calv Xian, St. Francis......

I don't completely disagree with what you say Oldtime. But if you play the Columbus Crew

20 times in the regular season and go 0-20, it does nothing to prevent you from advancing to the regional tournament. In reality, despite a weaker regular season schedule, Cooper's path to the regional tournament is infinitely more difficult than Cov Cath's.... Ryle, Boone, Conner vs Holmes, Latin, Holy Cross

I don't completely disagree with what you say Oldtime. But if you play the Columbus Crew

20 times in the regular season and go 0-20, it does nothing to prevent you from advancing to the regional tournament. In reality, despite a weaker regular season schedule, Cooper's path to the regional tournament is infinitely more difficult than Cov Cath's.... Ryle, Boone, Conner vs Holmes, Latin, Holy Cross

In fact, your record in 2013, against, Ryle, Boone, Cooper, and Conner in 2013 was 2-1-1 with a goal differential of 0.

Your combined record against Ohio, Indiana, Louisville, and Lexnigton schools was 1-4-2 with a goal differential of minus 7.

Other than saying you played the games, what is it that sets you so far apart from the rest of NKY?

Rumor has it that Cooper has tried to schedule home and home games with some of the better teams but have not been successful due to the tight field at Cooper. It changes the entire complexity of a game which the better teams do not want to play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.