Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLB Mid-Season Awards

Featured Replies

Season is halfway over. Who would win your MVP, CY Young, and ROY awards for each league based off the 1st half?

 

AL:

 

ROY: Jose Abreu, Chicago White Sox (.279 avg, 25 HR, 64 RBI, .328 OBP)

CY Young: Felix Hernandez, Seattle Mariners (10-2, 2.10 ERA, .206 OBA, 0.92 WHIP)

MVP: Victor Martinez, Detroit Tigers (.323 avg, 20 HR, 52 RBI, .384 OBP)

 

NL:

 

ROY: Billy Hamilton, Cincinnati Reds (.282 avg, 4 HR, 28 RBI, .312 OBP, 34 SB)

CY Young: Johnny Cueto, Cincinnati Reds (8-5, 1.88 ERA, .171 OBA, 0.84 WHIP)

MVP: Johnathon Lucroy, Milwaukee Brewers (.334 avg, 8 HR, 42 RBI, .403 OBP)

 

Couldn't really find any other NL rookies having big seasons, but may have overlooked someone. Kershaw and Wainwright also definitely strong CY Young contenders. In the AL, Trout and Tanaka are other possible contenders for the MVP and CY Young awards. Abreu has the ROY sown up IMO.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have FIP numbers for the pitching leaders you mentioned in each league?

  • Author

^Cueto = ~3.00

Wainwright = ~2.60

Kershaw = ~1.78 (Hasn't pitched enough to qualify though)

 

Tanaka = ~3.46

Hernandez = ~2.18

  • Author
Thanks.

 

Those are rough estimates. I didn't look up the offical numbers, did my own recalc by plugging in numbers to the formula, and using 3.2 (which is pretty close to actual) as the constant.

I like everything but Lucroy. He's having a really nice season but I would go with Tulo right now.

 

[TABLE=class: header-stats]

[TR]

[TH]AVG[/TH]

[TH]HR[/TH]

[TH]RBI[/TH]

[TH]OBP[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].353[/TD]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]46[/TD]

[TD].445[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

  • Author
I like everything but Lucroy. He's having a really nice season but I would go with Tulo right now.

 

[TABLE=class: header-stats]

[TR]

[TH]AVG[/TH]

[TH]HR[/TH]

[TH]RBI[/TH]

[TH]OBP[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].353[/TD]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]46[/TD]

[TD].445[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

 

Tulo's #'s are better, but rarely does an MVP come from a team as awful as the Rockies.

Those are rough estimates. I didn't look up the offical numbers, did my own recalc by plugging in numbers to the formula, and using 3.2 (which is pretty close to actual) as the constant.

 

I think your numbers look reasonable

Tulos numbers have definitely been improved cause of Coors field. At one point he was hitting like .800 there

Tulo is hitting .447 at home and .264 on the road

I think Carlos Gomez has a better shot at MVP than Lucroy:

 

Gomez: .310 Average, 13 HR , 44 RBI, 52 Runs, 13 SB

  • Author
I think Carlos Gomez has a better shot at MVP than Lucroy:

 

Gomez: .310 Average, 13 HR , 44 RBI, 52 Runs, 13 SB

 

Maybe so, however I think Gomez being a giant horse's rear will cost him votes though.

Giancarlo Stanton also deserves a mention in the NL. Marlins are 4 games under, so he's a long-shot, but his #'s are impressive:

 

.313 Average, 21 HR, 60 RBI, 57 Runs & 7 SB

Maybe so, however I think Gomez being a giant horse's rear will cost him votes though.

 

Gomez has also hit 1st for most of the season, which I think is crazy.

I like Stanton as the MVP thus far. He's had a great season without much protection.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.