Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 2014

Featured Replies

* While the last loss still stings, time to address what was a fantastic year for the program

 

* To the seniors, I can't believe it went so fast. It seems like 4 weeks ago that you played the program's very first freshmen game on a cold night at Scott. I watched you all grow up and help change the face of the program. Each year, the varsity won more games under your watch. Take pride in the fact that you leave HHS baseball in a much better place than when you came in. I'm proud of all 5 of you!!!

 

* To the returning players, remember the feeling of your last game. Let that motivate you to work harder - whether you won a championship (and wish to keep that memory) or the varsity regional loss (and wish to break through and win it all).

 

* To the senior Diamond Club parents, thanks for all of your efforts. Like your sons, you left the program in a much better place. Thanks for tolerating my poor jokes and my crazy ideas. You all are always welcome to join us on the hill with the BSCC. That includes you MV (the "Godfather" of the Diamond Club) but please note that I won't have any of your craft beers. I'm too much of a simpleton redneck :)

 

* To the staff - keep pressing on. You're on the right track. Win the day!

 

* Finally, on a personal note, to #2, I'm a proud dad. You dealt with adversity of the highest level and never pouted, never sulked, and supported your teammates game in and game out. And when you got a chance to return, you didn't blink and took the ball. And in that final game, when your teammate was down, you made it clear that you had his back. Way to be a leader.

 

* While the varsity came up a little short this year, the pieces are in place to have an incredible 2015 (and beyond). Keep working hard Big Blue Wrecking Crew!

^^^ That's sincerity and speaking from the heart right there.

Good stuff, Great ride for the Sr's and Even better future for the underclassmen. The competition for spots next year will be fierce.

* Finally, on a personal note, to #2, I'm a proud dad. You dealt with adversity of the highest level and never pouted, never sulked, and supported your teammates game in and game out. And when you got a chance to return, you didn't blink and took the ball. And in that final game, when your teammate was down, you made it clear that you had his back. Way to be a leader.

 

 

Two comments:

 

1. Looking forward to seeing him healthy for his senior season.

2. I commented to his coach about how much I enjoyed him picking up his teammate after the play. Life lessons are learned on the field.

* To the seniors, I can't believe it went so fast. It seems like 4 weeks ago that you played the program's very first freshmen game on a cold night at Scott.

 

Hope it is a trivia question some day (because I know the answer :)). "Who got the 1st win in the history of HHS Frosh Baseball?"

SG ESQ - Couldn't have said any of that better myself. Thanks for putting into words what so many of us feel.

 

* You all are always welcome to join us on the hill with the BSCC. That includes you MV (the "Godfather" of the Diamond Club) but please note that I won't have any of your craft beers. I'm too much of a simpleton redneck :)

 

It would appear you've made me an offer I can't refuse. See you next year!

Hope it is a trivia question some day (because I know the answer :)). "Who got the 1st win in the history of HHS Frosh Baseball?"

 

How about how many Scott base runners were caught stealing or picked off in that first HHS Frosh baseball game?

How about how many Scott base runners were caught stealing or picked off in that first HHS Frosh baseball game?

 

No doubt. Quentin Murray was "on fire." I remember Scott's head coach yelling across the field after the 5th or 6th out to simply stop leading off. It was like softball or Little League!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.