Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY JV Tourney Pitching Rules

Featured Replies

If I heard correctly there is a JV tourney starting tonight in NKY and it's pool play.

 

I was told that the rules say that if a pitcher pitched 3 games for the varsity she cannot pitch in this tourney. Now I know Conner has a strong JV pitcher who didn't pitch varsity but I am curious how deep the other staffs are.

 

I also do not know what "3 times" means. Is it as simple as 3 appearances? 3 starts?

There are no softball pitching rules as far as innings pitched in any sanction ( sans LL) - someone might be trying to protect their interest .

  • Author
There are no softball pitching rules as far as innings pitched in any sanction ( sans LL) - someone might be trying to protect their interest .

 

I know it's not a rule in FED or ASA etc. I'm saying it's a rule the coaches agreed to for this tourney. I'm wondering how they are measuring.

It's just a rule from our NK Coach's Association (who sponsors the tournament). It's just to deter a school from using one of their studs for a JV tournament. I don't think you'll find any rule on the books, it's just something we put in place to try and keep it fair. The problem does come when a school doesn't have much pitching depth. Then exceptions can be made and we just basically talk it out amongst the coaches. But you shouldn't see some sophomore, JR or SR studs on the mound this weekend. That's not what this tournament is intended for. The JV teams get a raw deal most of the time, so this is a chance to highlight some of the up and coming stars and give them their own spotlight.

Good luck to the Conner girls and Olivia Henry!!!! Go get'em Viva!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.