Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bardstown 74 Washington County 39

Featured Replies

Final. Tigers (23-8) with a solid first step in District 19 after a poor run since the All-A. Will face winner of Nelson Co. and Bethlehem in Dist. Championship Friday.

 

Brian Calhoun led all scorers with 17, Kurtis Neel with 14, Josh Payne, Elliot Mattingly and WenQuel Graves all had 10 apiece.

Look for Bardstown to make some noise in the region...Congrats.

Look for Bardstown to make some noise in the region...Congrats.

 

All depends on the draw........ they could draw JH/E'Town and be gone first round or make it to the regional championship

  • Author
All depends on the draw........ they could draw JH/E'Town and be gone first round or make it to the regional championship

 

I think Nelson will beat Bethlehem and IF, (IF I said, No Name ;) ) Bardstown beats Nelson then I think, all things playing out, E-Town will be a 1, Adair will be a 2 based on head-to-head, Bardstown a 3, Caverna a 4, JH 5, Taylor or Marion a 6, based on head-to-head, Nelson a 7, and probably Hart an 8.

 

Thats an interesting 4-5 matchup, I don't think JH matches up well with Caverna, Bardstown should beat Marion or Taylor, Nelson could upset Adair. That potentially gets you a Bardstown-Nelson rematch in the semis, and sets up a CHANCE for the Tigers to get E-Town in the finals after they've played JH. Again, we're talking REAL hypothetical at this point.

I think Nelson will beat Bethlehem and IF, (IF I said, No Name ;) ) Bardstown beats Nelson then I think, all things playing out, E-Town will be a 1, Adair will be a 2 based on head-to-head, Bardstown a 3, Caverna a 4, JH 5, Taylor or Marion a 6, based on head-to-head, Nelson a 7, and probably Hart an 8.

 

Thats an interesting 4-5 matchup, I don't think JH matches up well with Caverna, Bardstown should beat Marion or Taylor, Nelson could upset Adair. That potentially gets you a Bardstown-Nelson rematch in the semis, and sets up a CHANCE for the Tigers to get E-Town in the finals after they've played JH. Again, we're talking REAL hypothetical at this point.

 

Hearsay, they draw for the regions. You cant get someone from your district until the regional final :thumb:

  • Author
Hearsay, they draw for the regions. You cant get someone from your district until the regional final :thumb:

 

You're right, I mucked it up . . .

Congrats to Bardstown. Hope that their back on track. :thumb:

Sounds like WCHS needs to get Coach Burkhead to come back to town. Definitely couldn't get worse than this years record? But I'm sure the top brass at the board knows what is best for the program. NOT

I think the man that just beat the stuffings out of them, Artie Braden, was the best coach they had in a long while. He did a good job here at Bethlehem at Washington County and now John Hardin. The Burkhead guy has no credentials to speak of and wasn't that popular here. Carney probably would have done no worse this season. I don't care who coached that team, they were just plain bad. Washington needs some kids who can play basketball. That would be the first step.

I think the man that just beat the stuffings out of them, Artie Braden, was the best coach they had in a long while. He did a good job here at Bethlehem at Washington County and now John Hardin. The Burkhead guy has no credentials to speak of and wasn't that popular here. Carney probably would have done no worse this season. I don't care who coached that team, they were just plain bad. Washington needs some kids who can play basketball. That would be the first step.

 

 

Looks like to me that both Carney and Whitey Simpson saw a lot of value in Burkhead, so I would say that would be some credentials you think Carney was the best.

I think Simpson had something like three winning seasons in what, seventeen, eighteen years at Washington County. Carney didn't burn it up, but I think he kept Washington County competitive every year. What Braden did in his three short years there was, what I considered a really good job. They had a nice team the year he took them to the regional finals at Nelson County where North Hardin beat them. That team, from what I remember did not have much of a bench. He did a great job coaching them. I think WC only lost something like five games that year, and Nelson beat them in the district finals that year. John Hardin apparently took notice. Artie knows how to build a program. Besides, Burkhead played for Simpson and they are good buddies. Carney, I heard, had a little pressure to hire Burkhead after one of his assistant coaches quit on him. How do you think Burkhead got on at Bethlehem? An assistant named Simpson helped him get on.

How did Burkhead do as a JV/Freshman coach?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.