Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owen County 68 Eminence 53 (31st District Semis)

Featured Replies

Carson Williams with 29 pts and 12 boards to lead OC. Jalen Dixie with a big game to lead Eminence, dont know #s, though.

 

Owen Co vs Henry Co Friday at 7pm for the 31st district title at Carroll Co HS.

  • Author

Dixie was very good. Just not enough firepower to go along with him.

 

Owen also got 13 points from Hunter Trenary, and got some solid contribution from its bench tonight.

 

Owen will go for its third straight district title Friday, and its fourth under head coach Devin Duvall. Prior to him taking over the helm, the Rebels had two district titles in school history.

Coach Duvall had the right plan. He told me early on that Dixie was going to get his, but eliminating the other threats was key. The REbels didn't let another player hurt them from the outside like they did to Carroll County.

 

Dixie had a great game, but at times almost to me and just my opinion, that he was uninterested in the game. Some of his facial expressions almost looked like he didn't want to be there.

 

Congratulations also to Coach Duvall who added a new Rebel to the fold with the birth of their newborn last week. Should be a great final with them and Henry County.

Dixie was very good. Just not enough firepower to go along with him.

 

Owen also got 13 points from Hunter Trenary, and got some solid contribution from its bench tonight.

 

Owen will go for its third straight district title Friday, and its fourth under head coach Devin Duvall. Prior to him taking over the helm, the Rebels had two district titles in school history.

 

I will give Coach Duvall credit for what he has done. Certainly no doubt about that. However, just to delve further into the last part of that sentence...prior to the 2005/06 season, Owen County played in the 32nd district. And I'm sorry, nobody was winning the district that wasn't named Scott County (except for the Grant County team in 02/03). It's just the way it was. I just don't want people to think the Owen didn't have any good teams/coaches prior to Duvall arriving.

  • Author
I will give Coach Duvall credit for what he has done. Certainly no doubt about that. However, just to delve further into the last part of that sentence...prior to the 2005/06 season, Owen County played in the 32nd district. And I'm sorry, nobody was winning the district that wasn't named Scott County (except for the Grant County team in 02/03). It's just the way it was. I just don't want people to think the Owen didn't have any good teams/coaches prior to Duvall arriving.

 

That's a great point. We were talking about that at the game about how it would have been in this district alignment when I was in HS (the mid 80s) as opposed to the old 32nd with Scott Co. The last Owen County district title, prior to 2009, was in 1987. The 32nd seeded for a few years in the 90s (before Walton Verona joined up in 97 or so), and Owen was almost always in the 2 vs 3 game, which meant a game against Grant or Williamstown to make regionals. Other than those years, the district draw was all about avoiding Scott Co, and, if you were Grant, Owen, or Williamstown hopefully drawing OC or Williamstown. OC made the regional every now and then, but there was no beating Scott County in the district final. Scott won the district 15 out of 16 times between 1990 and 2005.

 

Prime example, the best Owen team that I can remember was in 1996. That team went to the state All-A Semis, beat #1 Lexington Catholic in the state All-A first round , but lost to Scott County four times, including the district and regional finals.

Edited by nkywildcat68
grammar

That's a great point. We were talking about that at the game about how it would have been in this district alignment when I was in HS (the mid 80s) as opposed to the old 32nd with Scott Co. The last Owen County district title, prior to 2009, was in 1987. The 32nd seeded for a few years in the 90s (before Walton Verona joined up in 97 or so), and Owen was almost always in the 2 vs 3 game, which meant a game against Grant or Williamstown to make regionals. Other than those years, the district draw was all about avoiding Scott Co, and, if you were Grant, Owen, or Williamstown hopefully drawing OC or Williamstown. OC made the regional every now and then, but there was no beating Scott County in the district final. Scott won the district 15 out of 16 times between 1990 and 2005.

 

Prime example, the best Owen team that I can remember was in 1996. That team went to the state All-A Semis, beat #1 Lexington Catholic in the state All-A first round , but lost to Scott County four times, including the district and regional finals.

 

The thing that was stupid beyond all reason (at least to me) was the 32nd (like a lot of other districts) used to do the blind draw for the district tournament pairings. Hated it. Can't tell you to what degree I hated it. I understand the smaller schools' thinking "maybe the two big schools will draw each other, and we can battle it out amongst ourselves to see who gets to get creamed in the finals". But, if I was the coach, and I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that we had the 2nd best team in the district...I'd want to make darn sure I was in the opposite bracket of Scott County, and NOT leave it up to fate. And let's face it, there were times that Owen had the 2nd best team...others where Grant had the 2nd best team...and yes, even Williamstown had teams that would've put them 2nd. So, it wasn't like it was an automatic slot for Grant County to fill.

So glad they finally changed it, even if Scott County is no longer a part of the district.

 

And yes, I agree wholeheartedly with you on the team from 96. In all honesty, I think that team would smoke this year's team. Don't get me wrong, this year's team is good, and you could debate that Carson Williams is the best player from either team's squad...but, I think from top to bottom, Sharp, Patterson, Petzinger, and those guys were better collectively.

Yes. I agree the 96 Owen County team would throttle this years team!! That 96 team would be favored to win the entire region this year. Also I would take Gran Mefford over Devin Duvall all day.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.