Speed of hire

kypride

Why are people getting bent out of shape this off season about speed of hiring head coaches? I don't remember it always being this way. THIS year everyone of the jobs that has come open has taken different lengths of time to fill and the only one that didn't get criticized for speed was Madison Central #2 Mark Scenters. I'd rather see schools do their due diligence, ask a lot of questions and make an very informed decision whether it takes 2 days or 30 days or 60+ days. I'm of the ilk that the longer the process the fewer mistakes will be made.

I have to agree with this. Different than it has ever been before. Larry French got the job at Southwestern after what seemed to be due process, and then less than a week later Boyle had hired Chuck Smith. No 30 day posting. It maybe just me but I never heard of anyone being interviewed at Madison Central, as soon as Smith left for Boyle Scenters was hired over night, and again never heard of anyone being interviewed. Then when Scenters left for Central , Garrard folks already had their coach picked out Jerry Perry or bust. Got 22 pages of how to hire Jerry Perry. LOL What if Vince Lombardi applied for the Garrard job, would they turn him down for Jerry Perry? Strange JMO

I have to agree with this. Different than it has ever been before. Larry French got the job at Southwestern after what seemed to be due process, and then less than a week later Boyle had hired Chuck Smith. No 30 day posting. It maybe just me but I never heard of anyone being interviewed at Madison Central, as soon as Smith left for Boyle Scenters was hired over night, and again never heard of anyone being interviewed. Then when Scenters left for Central , Garrard folks already had their coach picked out Jerry Perry or bust. Got 22 pages of how to hire Jerry Perry. LOL What if Vince Lombardi applied for the Garrard job, would they turn him down for Jerry Perry? Strange JMO

Times have changed. If you don't change with it you will be left holding an empty bag or settling for something else. That's just the way it is.

Times have changed. If you don't change with it you will be left holding an empty bag or settling for something else. That's just the way it is.

Well that is your opinion certainly, but not based in fact. In your case in particular Jerry Perry is either going to coach at Garrard or stay at Boyle. Speed is not a factor. At all. No holding the bag or whatever other dramatic phrase you want to tag onto it.

Well that is your opinion certainly, but not based in fact. In your case in particular Jerry Perry is either going to coach at Garrard or stay at Boyle. Speed is not a factor. At all. No holding the bag or whatever other dramatic phrase you want to tag onto it.

Sorry but I wasn't referring to the Garrard County job.....I was referring to life in general. There's nothing dramatic about it. The fact is some people just don't like change. If it was up to some we would still be riding on gravel roads in a horse and buggy.