Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jessica Gregg play on ESPN

Featured Replies

I agree you can't vote on players bc their college offers but I do find it hard that probably the only girl in the region that got an offer from a D1 school couldn't make an all region team.

 

Your right I only saw Ginn once as an 8th grader (and she had a great game) and not sure if I ever saw Gregg. But I know they both went to camps and tried to earn scholarships and for what ever reason Gregg got one (maybe two) and Ginn didn't.

A camp would be a place where she could really display her abilities as an outfielder, a high school game not so much.
That is an interesting observation and goes to show that you can't vote for players based on their college offers either. I think you said you never saw them play, but I'm going to guess that you won't find anyone that saw them play that will say Gregg was a better high school player.
Some kids skills translate better to the college level than others sometimes. As far as Gregg's college offers, she did the right things to get recruited. Also, what's inside a kid can't be measured by high school stats. I can positively tell you that the college coaches I have been around have absolutely zero interest in high school stats. Not saying that statistics do not matter, they just don't matter to many college coaches.
Gregg a 2012 graduate of Walton Verona and member of 2011 8th region champs makes top ten play on sportscenter for EKU.
Congrats to Jessica.
Too bad she didn't make the coaches 8th region team her senior year. Must have been a helluva team.
For whatever reason, WV had only one player make All 8th Region team that year, which was ridiculous. Gallatin County, which was probably anywhere from 3-5 best team in the 8th that season, had ZERO all region players according to 8th Region coaches, probably more specifically, I think the 31st District coaches froze them out.
Depends on what kind of team you have. If you have a great pitcher I would be more likely to take the .250 hitter that plays great D bc you can win games with out scoring a lot of runs.

 

If your pitching isn't great I take the .430 bc you need to score more runs.

 

I know you love defensive stats but IMO the worst stat in all of sports in defensive fielding percentage, it doesn't tell the half of it.

 

Here's a thing to remember also, most errors don't affect the game. Just sucks some REALLY do!

 

However, when you have a pitcher that doesn't have over-powering stuff and does a great job of keeping the ball low which induces ground balls, defense means the world to that team.

 

Producing runs can sometimes be a "wash" compared to how many they give up.:up:

 

Here's a thing to remember........I've seen far too many NewCath games that errors most definitely affect the game. :facepalm:

 

Sorry to threadjack.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.