St. Henry 63 Conner 39

I dont get it......

He dribbles mostly with his head down and out of control. Almost always goes left and never looks for the open player when the defense collapses on him as he enters the lane. I believe if you were to ask his teammates you would probably get a different answer on how they get along.

Conner doesn't play as a unit, they play as individuals. That is totally evident in watching them play and looking at the box scores. It will be another less than .500 year from Hicks.

Did A. Way play in this game?

Andrew did not start in the game since he missed a week of practice while attending the festivities in San Antonio. However, he entered the game after a few minutes and did play significant minutes. Understandably, he looked a little off as did the entire Conner team since they were not able to practice or play for 3 days heading into this game due to weather cancellations. St. Henry played on Monday and I assume they were also "allowed" to practice on Tuesday and the difference in the two teams' effort level was evident. Very, very sloppy game for Conner.

Count me as one who was very surprised and disappointed with the Conner effort in this game. Up to this point, the Cougars had been playing some pretty good basketball up through the Lloyd tourney. This was a head scratcher. Been a long time since I've seen them that genuinely disinterested. I'm sure the layoff with the weather issues was a factor in their ball handling, shooting, etc. That said, no excuse for lack of effort. Kudos to the Crusaders who played well and obviously wanted this game more.

I dont get it......

He dribbles mostly with his head down and out of control. Almost always goes left and never looks for the open player when the defense collapses on him as he enters the lane. I believe if you were to ask his teammates you would probably get a different answer on how they get along.

Conner doesn't play as a unit, they play as individuals. That is totally evident in watching them play and looking at the box scores. It will be another less than .500 year from Hicks.

Who is "he" that is dribbling with his head down?

Lamblez........ see earlier post.

As for the Cougars looking uninterested. There seems to be a lot going on with the team this year. They loose 2 big men (6'4") because the coach tells them that has decided to play a 4 guard offense this year and doesn't see them getting much time in games. Both quit over the holiday break....prior to the Lloyd tourney. The rest of team, including the underclassmen are tired of all the plays being run for Hemmerich to get his shots.....regardless of the defense on Hemrich or his shooting percentage for the night. Teams know that Hemnerich is the scorer so they adjust. If Conner doesn't have other offense then Hemmerich scoring 20+ they are doomed.

There is a lot of turmoil in the shadows. I wouldn't be surprised if others leave or transfer before next season. Sit in the stands and you will hear a lot of disgust with the coaching.

Lamblez........ see earlier post.

As for the Cougars looking uninterested. There seems to be a lot going on with the team this year. They loose 2 big men (6'4") because the coach tells them that has decided to play a 4 guard offense this year and doesn't see them getting much time in games. Both quit over the holiday break....prior to the Lloyd tourney. The rest of team, including the underclassmen are tired of all the plays being run for Hemmerich to get his shots.....regardless of the defense on Hemrich or his shooting percentage for the night. Teams know that Hemnerich is the scorer so they adjust. If Conner doesn't have other offense then Hemmerich scoring 20+ they are doomed.

There is a lot of turmoil in the shadows. I wouldn't be surprised if others leave or transfer before next season. Sit in the stands and you will hear a lot of disgust with the coaching.

Who are the 2 big men who packed their bags?