4A in 2014

jbwill2

I have been saying this for a while now. I still think HHS will be good but nothing like they have been for the past 7yrs. It would not surprise me if you don't see a total platoon system for the Birds the next few years. If they want to keep getting to the big dance they might need to play some of their better players both ways. HHS loses a ton of seniors..The offensive line scares me the most out of any other unit. I hope Coach Turner can work his magic with this group.. CovCath is going to be very good the next few years..

Perhaps. Then again, we may see the return of the more typical Highlands O line next year; smaller, quicker kids that came out of "no where" and turned out to be really good high school O linemen.

Highlands playing a kid both ways? Oh my gosh sounds like they are going down hill. I mean they will have Sophomores next year that got shut out by SK! :D

HHS will never win again;).....Can you send me your t-shirt vendor so we can get started on the great regular season t-shirts HHS will now settle for!:lol:...I have a better shot at shooting 59 at Pebble Beach than your team does at winning 6A but hey Freshman trophys and regular season accomplishments are big in Independence.!:D I couldnt resist...the birds will be fine and Im sure Simon will win a playoff game here and there.

Highlands has no size returning beside the big NT.

They do lose a lot of size, but keep in mind that senior class was one of the biggest (big kids) classes as a group to go through HHS. They will be back to what they are used to have. The last two years were not the typical HHS teams when it comes to size. They are not a big school, so they only have what they have. What HHS has done well is adapt to what they have. Create identities on both sides of the ball with the athletes they have. And as others have mentioned, that may mean not as strict of a plattoon policy as they have had the luxury of having when the pool is loaded with talent. Trust me, there is plenty of talent left in the pool. It's up to the coach's to put them in the right places. Keep in mind that I believe the JV team was undefeated until they played Scott Co in the last game (who smashed them). I know that doesn't translate to wins at the varsity level, but it does say the well isn't dry.