Bullitt East/High Potential Showcase Players to Watch

REH5

2013BEHPP

Some of the top players to watch on November 22-23 at Bullitt East include the following: The players are listed alphabetically.

5-11 Sr. Makenzie Cann Anderson County

5-5 Jr. Ajaycia Cotton Clay County

5-5 So. Katie Downey North Bullitt

5-6 Fr. Lindsey Duvall Bullitt East

5-7 So. Madison Faulkner Caverna

5-4 Sr. Emily Fryman Bullitt East

5-10 Jr. Alex Hibbs Presentation

5-9 Jr. Destiny Howard Owensboro Catholic

5-7 Sr. Raley Johnson Meade County

6-0 Jr. Malerie Martin Mercy

5-8 So. TaLaura Mathis Clay County

5-10 Sr. Eriel McKee Anderson County

5-6 Sr. Raven Merriweather Sacred Heart

5-6 Sr. Savannah Morrison North Bullitt

5-11 Sr. Mckenzie Myers Spencer County

5-9 Sr. Kaylyn Pearson Owensboro Catholic

5-7 Sr. Madison Raque Eastern

5-7 Jr. Morgan Rich Allen County-Scottsville

5-10 Sr. Sara Robinson Clay County

5-9 Sr. DaiJia Ruffin Sacred Heart

5-8 Sr. Jade Spaulding Eastern

6-1 Jr. Morgan Turner Meade County

5-6 Jr. Ciara Waggoner Caverna

Remember, these are just some of the players to watch with several other players likely to have good performances.

2013BEHPP

Some of the top players to watch on November 22-23 at Bullitt East include the following: The players are listed alphabetically.

5-11 Sr. Makenzie Cann Anderson County

5-5 Jr. Ajaycia Cotton Clay County

5-5 So. Katie Downey North Bullitt

5-6 Fr. Lindsey Duvall Bullitt East

5-7 So. Madison Faulkner Caverna

5-4 Sr. Emily Fryman Bullitt East

5-10 Jr. Alex Hibbs Presentation

5-9 Jr. Destiny Howard Owensboro Catholic

5-7 Sr. Raley Johnson Meade County

6-0 Jr. Malerie Martin Mercy

5-8 So. TaLaura Mathis Clay County

5-10 Sr. Eriel McKee Anderson County

5-6 Sr. Raven Merriweather Sacred Heart

5-6 Sr. Savannah Morrison North Bullitt

5-11 Sr. Mckenzie Myers Spencer County

5-9 Sr. Kaylyn Pearson Owensboro Catholic

5-7 Sr. Madison Raque Eastern

5-7 Jr. Morgan Rich Allen County-Scottsville

5-10 Sr. Sara Robinson Clay County

5-9 Sr. DaiJia Ruffin Sacred Heart

5-8 Sr. Jade Spaulding Eastern

6-1 Jr. Morgan Turner Meade County

5-6 Jr. Ciara Waggoner Caverna

Remember, these are just some of the players to watch with several other players likely to have good performances.

Who are some of the other up and comers that we should look out for at this showcase? Do any of these teams have any transfers that will have an impact?

2013BEHPU

Excellent question and also some of the heights listed are from last year and my preview on my website is a little closer to having the correct heights in the team capsules. Back to the question and adding input from some of the coaches.

Spencer County – 5-8 Sr. Kaylan Nigh G/F very athletic and very quick. 5-10 Sr. Krysten Barlow versatile player who is expected to be a consistent scoring threat. 5-2 7th grade PG Alyssa Howie could start at the point.

Presentation – 5-7 Sr. Aliyah Johnson three point shooter and an excellent ball handler.

Meade County – 5-7 Jr. PG Addi Lynch has excellent range on her shot and can handle the ball.

Anderson County – 5-5 Sr. PG Destiny Stewart 3-year starter and 5-9 Sr. Alex Avritt G/F 2-year starter.

Bullitt East – A good mix of veterans and a large class of talented freshmen, several could step up.

Breckinridge County – 5-10 Sr. Jenna Thornhill scores, rebounds, and is coming off a good summer.

Owensboro Catholic – 5-9 Sr. Haley Garvin has recovered from injuries and is poised for a good senior campaign. 5-6 So. Mikayla Berry is expected to increase her scoring this season.

Sacred Heart – 5-6 Sr. Vanessa Baisas is coming off an injury and has excellent court vision and can nail the outside shot. 5-4 Jr. Gretchen Samsel scores well in transition and shoots the ball well. 5-4 Jr. Ashley Johnson is quick and handles the ball.

Allen County-Scottsville – Please note Morgan Rich is 5-11 and 5-9 So. Savannah Gregory and 6-1 Jr. Holly Robinson are also players to watch.

Mercy Academy – Jaguars have graduated a lot of talent over the past four years but tradition never graduates and I am looking forward to seeing who steps up this season.

The players originally listed were provided to me but I have always been surprised at the players who have either grown, greatly improved, or are new to the program. I hope to do a follow-up after the event and hopefully can provide more info.

2013BEHPU

Excellent question and also some of the heights listed are from last year and my preview on my website is a little closer to having the correct heights in the team capsules. Back to the question and adding input from some of the coaches.

Spencer County – 5-8 Sr. Kaylan Nigh G/F very athletic and very quick. 5-10 Sr. Krysten Barlow versatile player who is expected to be a consistent scoring threat. 5-2 7th grade PG Alyssa Howie could start at the point.

Presentation – 5-7 Sr. Aliyah Johnson three point shooter and an excellent ball handler.

Meade County – 5-7 Jr. PG Addi Lynch has excellent range on her shot and can handle the ball.

Anderson County – 5-5 Sr. PG Destiny Stewart 3-year starter and 5-9 Sr. Alex Avritt G/F 2-year starter.

Bullitt East – A good mix of veterans and a large class of talented freshmen, several could step up.

Breckinridge County – 5-10 Sr. Jenna Thornhill scores, rebounds, and is coming off a good summer.

Owensboro Catholic – 5-9 Sr. Haley Garvin has recovered from injuries and is poised for a good senior campaign. 5-6 So. Mikayla Berry is expected to increase her scoring this season.

Sacred Heart – 5-6 Sr. Vanessa Baisas is coming off an injury and has excellent court vision and can nail the outside shot. 5-4 Jr. Gretchen Samsel scores well in transition and shoots the ball well. 5-4 Jr. Ashley Johnson is quick and handles the ball.

Allen County-Scottsville – Please note Morgan Rich is 5-11 and 5-9 So. Savannah Gregory and 6-1 Jr. Holly Robinson are also players to watch.

Mercy Academy – Jaguars have graduated a lot of talent over the past four years but tradition never graduates and I am looking forward to seeing who steps up this season.

The players originally listed were provided to me but I have always been surprised at the players who have either grown, greatly improved, or are new to the program. I hope to do a follow-up after the event and hopefully can provide more info.

Looking forward to your follow-up. I didn't see the game, but heard that Bullitt East took it to Anderson County.

Jesse James, thanks for linking to the page. These were after all, only scrimmages but there was some good basketball played. the girls seemed to have a little problem with the emphasis on hand checking. I will add more later this week about individual players. Anderson County will miss the big girl inside early but they have a lot of offense in Cann and McKee. Sacred Heart lacks size but are very talented. Bullitt East has a good mix of youth and experience. Lindsey Duvall is the real deal and Taylor Blain shot "lights out" from the wing today. Emily Fryman is a seasoned floor general and Courtney Pfister was solid today.