South Laurel 57 Clinton County 46

Les

The Cardinals struggled tonight. They trailed 11-9 after the first quarter and 24-21 at halftime. South outscored Clinton 21-9 in the third quarter and 15-13 in the final eight minutes.

Ty Proffitt had 13 points and seven assists. Walt Allen had 14. From what I was told the Cards didn't work the ball down low until the second half. If South keeps this up, they're going to be in some trouble.

The Cards shot 25-of-51 from the floor and 4-of-14 from the charity stripe, while Clinton was 17-of-54 from the floor.

I was told WRIGHT was pretty unhappy in the first half.

As well he should have been. SL didn't play well and was ripe for the pickings. He yanked the starters midway through the first quarter.

Clinton really did not play that well either, as they struggled from the field. But they had a lot of fight in them, and got big baskets from Justin Vitatoe and Matt Tallent (both pretty darned good players) to stay in the lead. They were up 29-26 with about two minutes gone in the third, then SL went on a 10-0 run to take over.

Still, Clinton didn't quit and hung around when most teams fold over. They had a couple of chances with about two minutes left to cut it to eight and really make it interesting, but they didn't have the legs left to knock down the big shot.

Clinton outrebounded SL, and only committed two more turnovers. If they get a few more shots to fall we're talking about a major upset.

The Cardinals struggled tonight. They trailed 11-9 after the first quarter and 24-21 at halftime. South outscored Clinton 21-9 in the third quarter and 15-13 in the final eight minutes.

Ty Proffitt had 13 points and seven assists. Walt Allen had 14. From what I was told the Cards didn't work the ball down low until the second half. If South keeps this up, they're going to be in some trouble.

The Cards shot 25-of-51 from the floor and 4-of-14 from the charity stripe, while Clinton was 17-of-54 from the floor.

:scared: