Ludlow 61 Dayton 42

Omg... The jv team got beat real bad without logan... Definitely part of the outcome... The first time the two teams play ludlow won by 2... Without him they got beat really bad, about by 30.

no offense FP... but Logan wasn't going to score the31 points it would have taken to tie that game....

But to details of the V game....

It was close until the 3rd quarter... At the half Dayton was down seven 17-24 using a sort of floating match up man/box and chaser looking thing with the guards and playing 3 men down low on Penick... Though Penick only had 13 points and King had 20 I think Penick was the biggest factor in this game with his ability to draw more people into the lane, giving open looks to King and Rouse, and by his passing ability, because you don't often see a 6'9'' guy leading the break, and he did it well... He is improving very much....

There was a Wright State scout there watching Dan...

I disagree espnguy... I think Logan is good enough to stop the fastbreak offense. Plus, with Logan I don't think that they would have scored because Ludlow had so many turnovers and Logan always brings the ball down the court... So Dayton wouldn't have had that many points as they did... I'm not saying that Logan would have won the game for them but it would be a big difference with him... It would have came down to the wire, most likely.

I disagree espnguy... I think Logan is good enough to stop the fastbreak offense. Plus, with Logan I don't think that they would have scored because Ludlow had so many turnovers and Logan always brings the ball down the court... So Dayton wouldn't have had that many points as they did... I'm not saying that Logan would have won the game for them but it would be a big difference with him... It would have came down to the wire, most likely.

Okay... going back and looking at things...

Would Logan have helped? Definatly, no doubt. But one guy wasn't getting eaten up by the press in that game, it was all of them. Logan wasn't going to throw it in to himself, pass it to himself, drive the middle and dish to himself. Maybe there wouldn't have been as many steals, but there would have still been a fair amount because everyone else on the Ludlow reserve team was throwing it away.

And going back to look at some stats.... The fourth quarter was played with a majority of Dayton's players that play a fair amount of Varsity time out of the game and in the locker room. So the fourth was Ludlow's starting reserve (minus Logan) against Dayton's reserve reserve... Fourth quarter scoring was Dayton 13, Ludlow 12. Ludlow reserve starters had 19 total points. Dayton had 19 total points in the second quarter. Ludlow had at least 20 turnovers. Dayton's reserve starter had 8. Dayton reserves leading scorer had 15 in 3 quarters, Ludlow's had 9 with 6 of the nine coming in garbage time. The most points Ludlow reserve scored in a quarter was 12. The most points Dayton reserve scored in a quarter was 19, while the least they scored in a quarter was 11(least Ludlow J.v'ers scored in a quarter was 3)... Would the game have been closer, yes. Would it have been within 10 most likely not. With a good night from Logan they get cut 7 or 8 points off each end, give or take a few, which would still be around 15 point margin. Bottom line is while Logan would have definatley helped, he isn't a 30 point difference maker. Dayton Junior Varsity was really clicking the other night, best that I have seen them in the handful of times I have seen them, and when all of their players are having good nights and playing together, they are a very good team...

P.S.

Before the first Dayton/Ludlow j.v. game is mentioned, Dayton J.V. was missing it's three man and it's off guard for the first game who combined for 19 this game and also was playing with about 7 guys including 2 8th graders as anther guard was knocked out of the game late in the game, one of the backup post come to find out was playing on a high sprain in his ankle that he is walking with a boot for now and is out for the year, and anther backup swing man was just coming back from about a month's absence at the begining of January because of personal reasons.... All these players (minus the backup post who is out for the season) combined for 25 points. May it be pointed out in that game Logan was held to 2 points...

I'm a Ludlow fan but I disagree with you. While Logan may have made an impact, I don't see him being the sole reason Ludlow would win. Teams win games, not players.