Louisville, KY Documentary Featuring Trinity High School

Colonels_Wear_Blue

The Potter's Field

A documentary on an organization comprised primarily of high schoolers from the Louisville area Catholic schools that provide pallbearers and a small group of mourners to attend the funerals of the dead homeless people around greater Louisville. A very interesting program, and what looks to be a very interesting documentary.

[video=youtube;l7I-9QrZcAc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7I-9QrZcAc

Program is called the St. Joseph of Arimathea Society. For those not so up to snuff on Christian history, he is the Biblical figure who asked Pontius Pilate for Christ's body, and offered over his own tomb as a place to inter Jesus. He is a canonized saint in the Catholic Church. There are quite a few interesting articles on the program if you Google the society in Louisville.

Here are the links to a few of the high school chapters of the society around the Archdiocese of Louisville.

Saint Xavier: St. Joseph of Arimathea Society

Trinity High School: St. Joseph of Arimathea Society

deSales High School: St. Joseph of Arimathea Society

Program is called the St. Joseph of Arimathea Society. For those not so up to snuff on Christian history, he is the Biblical figure who asked Pontius Pilate for Christ's body, and offered over his own tomb as a place to inter Jesus. He is a canonized saint in the Catholic Church. There are quite a few interesting articles on the program if you Google the society in Louisville.

Here are the links to a few of the high school chapters of the society around the Archdiocese of Louisville.

Saint Xavier: St. Joseph of Arimathea Society

Trinity High School: St. Joseph of Arimathea Society

deSales High School: St. Joseph of Arimathea Society

Did you send this to Al H?

Did you send this to Al H?

Per Al Hertsenberg and Bill Snyder, although they don't have a formal chapter of the St. Joseph of Arimathea Society at Cov Cath, they have been providing a funeral detail to have students on hand and serving as pallbearers for indigent funerals in Kenton County for some time now.

Makes me pretty proud to be involved with one of the schools providing this honorable service to the dead.

The Potter's Field

A documentary on an organization comprised primarily of high schoolers from the Louisville area Catholic schools that provide pallbearers and a small group of mourners to attend the funerals of the dead homeless people around greater Louisville. A very interesting program, and what looks to be a very interesting documentary.

[video=youtube;l7I-9QrZcAc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7I-9QrZcAc

That may be one of the neatest things I've seen in awhile. God Bless the kids who donate their time to such a worth while cause.

Per Al Hertsenberg and Bill Snyder, although they don't have a formal chapter of the St. Joseph of Arimathea Society at Cov Cath, they have been providing a funeral detail to have students on hand and serving as pallbearers for indigent funerals in Kenton County for some time now.

Makes me pretty proud to be involved with one of the schools providing this honorable service to the dead.

Looks like somebody's been reading BluegrassPreps....

Cov Cath students are stand-in pallbearers

Looks like somebody's been reading BluegrassPreps....

Cov Cath students are stand-in pallbearers

I first thought "wow they organized that quickly. " I then read they started this last year. No surprise since Bill Snyder and Al H are involved.

I don't know all of the boys in the picture but if you told me to guess who the boys were two of my guesses would have been Mark Schult and Tom Ryan. No brainers.

• 2 years later...