Scott @ Conner Predictions 2/7

Tiger1

If you just look at the records this is a game Scott should win. However, Scotts losing streak has to be playing with their heads a little bit. Scott continues to play everyone tough for 3 quarters but then fatigue sets in and teams pull away.

Keep reading that Scotts players have tired legs, short bench hurts them, yet the JV team is in the final four of regional tourney?

Majority of JV team is juniors, if they can't help you give starters breathers this year can you expect them to contribute next year?

Castleman & Smith need to be able to give a minimum of 3-4 minutes a game in addition to the minutes of Miller and Felts for Scott to be able to finish games.

Picking Scott to win a close game. Remaining schedule doesn't do them any favors if they don't win this game.

Keep reading that Scotts players have tired legs, short bench hurts them, yet the JV team is in the final four of regional tourney?

Majority of JV team is juniors, if they can't help you give starters breathers this year can you expect them to contribute next year?

Castleman & Smith need to be able to give a minimum of 3-4 minutes a game in addition to the minutes of Miller and Felts for Scott to be able to finish games.

Picking Scott to win a close game. Remaining schedule doesn't do them any favors if they don't win this game.

While I like your theory and am very happy that the JV is doing so well in the tourny, playing JV and playing varsity is a night and day difference.

I hope some how or some way the varsity can get their second wind and make a run come postseason time.

While I like your theory and am very happy that the JV is doing so well in the tourny, playing JV and playing varsity is a night and day difference.

I hope some how or some way the varsity can get their second wind and make a run come postseason time.

Not saying that any of these players should be starting or playing half a game but the six man rotation isn't working. Free throw percentages and shooting percentages dropping, all signs of tired legs.

The teams that are beating Scott on the varsity level are getting minutes from players who also play JV, the same JV teams that are losing to Scotts JV.

When do they learn to be varsity players? Next year? Sharp, Quigley & Miller will be the only returning players with any appreciable varsity time. For arguments sake Felts & Castleman round out the top five with the next most minutes. Smith is your first guard off of the bench and Zimmerman is the first front court player off of the bench?

Can that group compete next year on the varsity level with limited varsity exposure this year? :confused:

If the Scott players are in shape,they shouldn't have tired legs.

Even the best shape players will be tired if they play 29-31 minutes out of a possible 32 minutes every game, plus practice every day they don't have a game.

Not saying that any of these players should be starting or playing half a game but the six man rotation isn't working. Free throw percentages and shooting percentages dropping, all signs of tired legs.

The teams that are beating Scott on the varsity level are getting minutes from players who also play JV, the same JV teams that are losing to Scotts JV.

When do they learn to be varsity players? Next year? Sharp, Quigley & Miller will be the only returning players with any appreciable varsity time. For arguments sake Felts & Castleman round out the top five with the next most minutes. Smith is your first guard off of the bench and Zimmerman is the first front court player off of the bench?

Can that group compete next year on the varsity level with limited varsity exposure this year? :confused:

You have some valid points. Hopefully the coaching staff gets a chance to play more kids off the bench, but the Scott coaches right now are playing the player combinations they think gives them the best chance to win.

Even the best shape players will be tired if they play 29-31 minutes out of a possible 32 minutes every game, plus practice every day they don't have a game.

Pendleton last year played six players and I thought they should have played more but he didn't.They play up and down as much as anyone and didn't wear out.More of the same this year,they are in great shape and seem to play hard every game.I do think they should play more of the bench though.

You have some valid points. Hopefully the coaching staff gets a chance to play more kids off the bench, but the Scott coaches right now are playing the player combinations they think gives them the best chance to win.

I think it is clear to everyone that has watched Scott play this year that they are running out of gas in the closing minutes of the first half. Midway through the third period they lose their legs. As far as the coaching staff giving them the best chance to win, that remains to be seen. :rolleyes:

As far as the other good players go, Alex Curry of Conner can hold his own, as well as Huffman. I'm not quite sure how good Scott is this year, but I think that if Scott gets tired, as many people are saying, and if Conner stays out of foul trouble, then this one will go to the cougars... A close one, but:

Conner- 51

Scott- 43

It's very easy for all of us to coach from the stands. We don't see practice everyday and know who should play and when. Obviously if these players were ready for varsity they would be playing varsity. There are other ways to save players legs than playing more people. I have seen Scott a few times this year and they love to press and run up the floor. Maybe try a different approach and shorten the game. I believe they should save legs in the next few weeks with the district approaching.

• 2 weeks later...