Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrass Games (Volleyball)

Featured Replies

There were quite a few awesome matches.

 

Love watching my girl play volleyball. Looking forward to her freshman season at HHS.

Incredibly fast paced, swift back and forth swings in the potential outcome, and can cause the rapid loss of fingernails.

 

The only downside is it is SOOOO difficult to capture in pictures!

Love watching my girl play volleyball. Looking forward to her freshman season at HHS.

Incredibly fast paced, swift back and forth swings in the potential outcome, and can cause the rapid loss of fingernails.

 

The only downside is it is SOOOO difficult to capture in pictures!

 

Message me if u want to know how to take good volleyball pictures. I do it at a pro level. It is possible even in the darkest, smallest gym. Ball frozen, in focus, and bright. It requires a good DSLR to start, but more importantly, it's about your lens, not the camera body.

 

And for all you weekend warrior volleyball photographers out there - you are never, ever, ever supposed to use flash at a volleyball match. If u don't have a DSLR with fast lenses at F1.8 (that lens that came bundled with your camera won't work for this) just leave your camera at home, or take posed pictures before or after the match.

Message me if u want to know how to take good volleyball pictures. I do it at a pro level. It is possible even in the darkest, smallest gym. Ball frozen, in focus, and bright. It requires a good DSLR to start, but more importantly, it's about your lens, not the camera body.

 

And for all you weekend warrior volleyball photographers out there - you are never, ever, ever supposed to use flash at a volleyball match. If u don't have a DSLR with fast lenses at F1.8 (that lens that came bundled with your camera won't work for this) just leave your camera at home, or take posed pictures before or after the match.

 

Will do!

For softball I used a canon t4i with a sigma 17-70mm and 70-200mm both f/2.8.

Just got a sigma 17-35mm f/1.8 and unfortunately it won't do well on the 1D Mark III I picked up the same week.

 

My 70-200mm will, but my lower ranges won't. Well at least not without the black corners.

You have a mark iii? I should be getting advice from you! Just get a 50 and 85mm prime and you will be all set. Use your feet as the zoom. All those expensive f2.8 zooms to me just don't get the job done. Big difference from 2.8 to 1.8, compare side by side and you will see it.

 

I have settings saved on my DSLR just for volleyball, it's so unique it's only for that. I shoot only manual, and turn off most of the goodies because they slow things down - you want AF on all the time, and minimum focus points to shorten focus time. It's the hardest sport to shoot without a doubt.

You have a mark iii? I should be getting advice from you! Just get a 50 and 85mm prime and you will be all set. Use your feet as the zoom. All those expensive f2.8 zooms to me just don't get the job done. Big difference from 2.8 to 1.8, compare side by side and you will see it.

 

I have settings saved on my DSLR just for volleyball, it's so unique it's only for that. I shoot only manual, and turn off most of the goodies because they slow things down - you want AF on all the time, and minimum focus points to shorten focus time. It's the hardest sport to shoot without a doubt.

 

I picked the mark 3 on eBay, primarily for the next softball season. After reading about the 1D X with 12-14fps, my t4i 5 fps just didn't cut it. But a weekend warrior budget doesn't get you a 1D X.

 

I'll look around at some 50 & 85 primes and try them out.

 

Do you go full manual? iso, aperture, and speed?

  • Author
Will do!

For softball I used a canon t4i with a sigma 17-70mm and 70-200mm both f/2.8.

Just got a sigma 17-35mm f/1.8 and unfortunately it won't do well on the 1D Mark III I picked up the same week.

 

My 70-200mm will, but my lower ranges won't. Well at least not without the black corners.

 

I picked the mark 3 on eBay, primarily for the next softball season. After reading about the 1D X with 12-14fps, my t4i 5 fps just didn't cut it. But a weekend warrior budget doesn't get you a 1D X.

 

I'll look around at some 50 & 85 primes and try them out.

 

Do you go full manual? iso, aperture, and speed?

 

You guys just gave me a "flashback" to high school algebra. :banghead: :lol:

You guys just gave me a "flashback" to high school algebra. :banghead: :lol:

 

That could explain my problem... Always had problems in their classes... Kellinghaus, Jenner, Ueding...

Now I am having a flashback...

 

oy vey!

  • Author
That could explain my problem... Always had problems in their classes... Kellinghaus, Jenner, Ueding...

Now I am having a flashback...

 

oy vey!

 

These two are still going strong after all these years, both were there when I left in '84.

These two are still going strong after all these years, both were there when I left in '84.

 

Hopefully Dave got a new car by now...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.