Somerset Players are Offered

Congrats to the young men mentioned. I hate seeing those types of 40 times thrown around like that though. Those would be 2 of the fastest times in the state and of the fastest in the country. That speed would command big attention. But congrats to those young men the same

Congrats to the young men mentioned. I hate seeing those types of 40 times thrown around like that though. Those would be 2 of the fastest times in the state and of the fastest in the country. That speed would command big attention. But congrats to those young men the same
Like Ryan Timmons attention or James Quick attention?

Region 100 Meters Results

1 Chuevront, Cam Somerset 11.18

2 Lange, Will Somerset 11.58

State Class A 100 Meters Finals

1 Cam Cheuvront Somerset 10.99

6 Will Lange Somerset 11.32

Not sure how 40yard time relates to 100meter time but these boys do appear to be pretty quick. Impressed that both were able to run faster at state than at region also.

FWIW

2A Champion Ryan Timmons ran the finals at 11.06

3A Champion William Bush ran the finals at 10.70 and James Quick came in second at 10.86

Cam would have finished 5th in the state if all classes competed against one another.

Davidson has offered Somerset Players Will Lang and Cam Chevron an invitation to Join the Football Team in Fall of 2014. Cam ran 4.38 40 and Will ran a 4.4 40. Cong: to both players.

1. Are they 2014 kids?

2. Are you saying Davidson is offering a scholarship when you say "join?"

I hate to make it an argument. Just seeing those 4.38 and 4.4 40 times on the same roster when there was a record number of 5 WR's that broke a 4.4 in the NFL DRAFT this year. That type of speed is considered "World Class" and unless they were unable to play all together, should he receiving more attention. Not that There is anything wrong with a position at Davidson. There should be more "scholarship" opportunities than that. Congrats to the young men who are obviously talented and athletic. Here's to a great career. No offense to them by any means.

I hate to make it an argument. Just seeing those 4.38 and 4.4 40 times on the same roster when there was a record number of 5 WR's that broke a 4.4 in the NFL DRAFT this year. That type of speed is considered "World Class" and unless they were unable to play all together, should he receiving more attention. Not that There is anything wrong with a position at Davidson. There should be more "scholarship" opportunities than that. Congrats to the young men who are obviously talented and athletic. Here's to a great career. No offense to them by any means.
I agree that HS times that get reported are crazy, I was was posting their times in the 100 in comparison to other elite WR's in Ky.

I would also guess that those times are hand timed start and finish.

Yeah I saw that. Definitely kids with speed. It wasn't really aimed at this post but more in general, I swear I've seen so many sub 4.4's mentioned with kids and then somehow they magically slow considerably down all the way to the NFL. Congrats to the young men. Even with the speed they have demonstrated they should see some more attention.

There is another web site that normally has 20-40 kids mentioned as sub 4.5 guys...and many of them are linemen...:lol2: The link posted above would make their heads explode.

Hey I just got a great idea for some fun some where else.

Yeah I saw that. Definitely kids with speed. It wasn't really aimed at this post but more in general, I swear I've seen so many sub 4.4's mentioned with kids and then somehow they magically slow considerably down all the way to the NFL. Congrats to the young men. Even with the speed they have demonstrated they should see some more attention.

Yeah, considering you tend to get faster as you mature physically.

All you can do is sit back and laugh. Making outlandish statements about someone's forty time is hilarious. Thank you for posting that link so that person can see how ridiculous one high school kid, let alone two from the same school running that fast is......

Is one of those kids the wr from last year that got behind the NCC defense and caught that TD pass. If so, he is fast and pretty good. Just not that fast lol......