Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle under rated?

Featured Replies

After watching Ryle several times, I feel like they should be ranked higher than 23rd. What is your alls opinion?

After watching Ryle several times, I feel like they should be ranked higher than 23rd. What is your alls opinion?

 

Before I answer you question, who in the top 10 have you seen play?

 

I have seen the #2 team play twice, the #3 play three times and the #5 team play twice!

 

Yes the poll is about right at least in the top five.

 

Maybe in the top 15 but honestly not in the top ten and I hope Coop doesn't get mad at me for saying that.

 

Ryle has a very good team but LC, St. X and PRP have some very and I mean very good pitching, the kind of shutdown pitching depth that I haven't seen in NKy this season!

 

The young man who beat CovCath on Saturday was their #2, and no one in NKy has a #1 pitcher as good as the PRP #2, at least that I have seen!

I have only seen Ryle once against Cooper and Ryle did not hurt themselves at all and made plays while Cooper had 8 errors and imploded. What I can tell from the scores is they have several pitchers that are very solid so unless they face one of the top 4-5 guys in NKY then they will be the favorite to win, IMO. They hit, field and pitch and should be the no doubt #1 team in NKY.

 

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if they have a tremendous record in the regular season and get beat in the first district game as the 33rd is tough and in a one game scenario against good teams, anything can happen.

Ryle has an excellent offensive and defensive team. If they can make it through the region without an upset they will need to continue to develop more pitching to make a splash at state. Hopefully they have Clarkson, Baumann, and Forbes throwing on the side who can all get it up to low to mid 80's. Cov Cath learned by throwing Brown who has great control, location, and out pitches that its hard to go the whole game against a team like PRP without a mid 80's pitcher who can keep teams off balance.

Before I answer you question, who in the top 10 have you seen play?

 

I have seen the #2 team play twice, the #3 play three times and the #5 team play twice!

 

Yes the poll is about right at least in the top five.

 

Maybe in the top 15 but honestly not in the top ten and I hope Coop doesn't get mad at me for saying that.

 

Ryle has a very good team but LC, St. X and PRP have some very and I mean very good pitching, the kind of shutdown pitching depth that I haven't seen in NKy this season!

 

The young man who beat CovCath on Saturday was their #2, and no one in NKy has a #1 pitcher as good as the PRP #2, at least that I have seen!

 

Not at all, TOG! Especially if you buy me a Gruber burger next time I'm at CCH. :lol2:

 

I have not seen any of the top teams in the state play and, frankly, not all that many teams around here locally due to commitments elsewhere within Ryle's program. I have seen the Ryle varsity team a couple of times. They are very good, no doubt about it. I do think they are odds on favorite to win region at this point, but the region is just so hard to predict (plus NCC frequently throws a wrench in a lot of people's plans). Based on top ten teams I have seen in past years, I absolutely agree with you, TOG. As good though they may be, I do not see Ryle at that level - yet. They are probably worthy of being a couple notches above where they are at currently ranked though.

IMHO Ryle can run with the best of them this year. As everyone knows, pitching is a key element of high school baseball. Coach Roesel himself has been quoted to say 'I'm pleasantly surprised at the level of pitching this year.' While Ryle doesn't necessarily have that 'stud' pitcher in the lineup there are some very solid pitchers. Defensively, Ryle is at least two deep in every position. Offensively, the Raiders are averaging just over 8 runs per game which is pretty darn good. Like most teams, Ryle's losses have come on errors and/or mental mistakes. It's my understanding that, much to the player’s dismay, Coach Roesel is providing a daily complacency reminder. If the team heads his advice and plays heads up baseball they should show well throughout the season. But with the one and out format of the regional tournament Ryle is as likely as any other team to exit earlier than their talent exhibits. I definitely agree with the #1 NKY ranking but do feel Ryle may warrant a higher State ranking, perhaps in the Top 20 at least.

The Raiders are a very solid team and no doubt a Top 20 in the state. No baseball team can take anything for granted because "upsets" are not really upsets in baseball like in other sports. In our district, where #1 vs. #4 are capable of beating each other on a given day, you gotta play hard and play loose each day. I really enjoy watching Ryle play and love Coach Roesel as a coach and person. Stay humble and keep working hard, Raiders. Ratings mean nothing.

  • Author
Before I answer you question, who in the top 10 have you seen play?

 

I have seen the #2 team play twice, the #3 play three times and the #5 team play twice!

 

Yes the poll is about right at least in the top five.

 

Maybe in the top 15 but honestly not in the top ten and I hope Coop doesn't get mad at me for saying that.

 

Ryle has a very good team but LC, St. X and PRP have some very and I mean very good pitching, the kind of shutdown pitching depth that I haven't seen in NKy this season!

 

The young man who beat CovCath on Saturday was their #2, and no one in NKy has a #1 pitcher as good as the PRP #2, at least that I have seen!

 

The only top 10 teams I've seen play are Woodford, St.X, and PRP

I've watched each of the "better" teams in the Region play at least twice. It my observation that Ryle is the most complete team around. Solid (not great) pitching, excellent offensive players throughout the lineup, great athletisicm/speed, and outstanding depth. They have kids on the bench (i.e. Jeremy Downs) who would be stars on other area teams. Add in very good coaching and team chemistry and they are easily my favorite to win the Region. That said, they could certainly have a bad day and lose to any of the other Region's better teams as seems to happen every year in the Regional tourney (watch out for NewCath!). However, I expect Ryle to win the Regional and advance to the State tourney where they will struggle against pitching like they have not seen recently in No. KY. St. X, Lex Cath and PRP all seem to have a stable of stud pitchers who can throw 85-90 with excellent command. Sadly, I don't see any No. KY team going very far into the State tourney. Should be a competitive and exciting regional tourney though!

It's not what you do during the regular season, it's what you do in the post season. You don't have to look too far back to see other Ryle teams who have had very good regular seasons and then get booted the first game of the districts. Trust me...if you don't win in the post season, you will care less how well you did in the regular season! Earn your respect there!!

 

Go Raiders!!!!!!

They are ranked 7th in the Maxpreps.com poll

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.