Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Monroe County 45 Allen County-Scottsville 33

Featured Replies

Monroe finishes the season at 9-1 with their only loss coming to 10-0 Warren East.

As for this game, Monroe got somewhat exposed. Monroe's pass defense could have been much better and will have to be better if they want to host a regional championship. Heath wont be a problem but PT WILL beat the Falcons if they don't defend the pass. I expect that Coach Petett will use this game as a good teaching opportunity and show them that wins and loses come down to simple assignments, I remember the defenses Coach Petett had when he was coordinator going up against pass heavy teams like Owensboro Cath. they where always solid and played assignment football...

Monroe wil have to put pressure on the quarterback. Just to much time to throw the ball, no one can cover receivers for that amount of time. Monroe has had very few sacks this season, I believe it is why we have the one loss we have. Warren east had all day to throw the ball. Monroe needs those two big o tackles on the defense instead of walking the sideline

  • Author

I like the fresh legs on defense, but if they are not the best at that position, regular season is over! Now its time to play the best. To get deep you need a good combination of rest and talent...and lets not forget heart. Some of these Falcons have enormous amounts of it.....lets see how it goes!!!

I like the fresh legs on defense' date=' but if they are not the best at that position, regular season is over! Now its time to play the best. To get deep you need a good combination of rest and talent...and lets not forget heart. Some of these Falcons have enormous amounts of it.....lets see how it goes!!![/quote']

 

I to like the fresh legs when you can. I think our biggest problem has been the cushion we give in the flats and the corners have been a little inconsistent at times, but right when you're about to get upset with them they get a pick 6...

I'd be content with a solid run defense (we have it) and a bend but don't break pass defense. We got the bending right, need to work on not breaking...

  • Author

I agree, little wheeler has stepped up and given the underneath but nothing after that. Proffitt is playing his best ball and I love the addition that Wilson brings to the safety position. The Outside linebackers have to float and scrape better to control the flats along with much better pressure. Heath is no problem but PT will be a different beast at this. Its hard to move Wilson back there when he is such a threat against the run and the pick 6 throws underneath though!!! Tough call for Coach P to make for the next few weeks...

From watching Monroe County twice now, I feel I can sum them up thusly: "We have Chad Wilson - you don't."

From watching Monroe County twice now' date=' I feel I can sum them up thusly: "We have Chad Wilson - you don't."[/quote']

 

He's definitely a big part of our success.

  • Author

No replacing the Wilson kids...thank goodness when Neil graduated we had Chad coming up as a sophomore. Chad Wilson has started Varsity since he was a freshman. I believe their parents have done everything right with these kids...corn fed Christian athletes!!!! I need to ask if their daughter is going to play next year so we can continue on with a Wilson!!!!! :lol:

Coach Petett always has his team ready for the playoffs and playing their best ball. Expect a big playoff run from the Falcons

  • Author

This is true....Monroe seems to be primed and ready for a good playoff shot this year! As long as everyone stays healthy and focused we will be just fine!!!! There is no stand out team in 3a this year...everyone could drop the ball in any given game this playoff season! JUST PRAY ITS NOT THE FALCONS!!!!

This is true....Monroe seems to be primed and ready for a good playoff shot this year! As long as everyone stays healthy and focused we will be just fine!!!! There is no stand out team in 3a this year...everyone could drop the ball in any given game this playoff season! JUST PRAY ITS NOT THE FALCONS!!!!

 

Monroe needs to be ready for an all out battle with an emotional Heath team. This could be Heath's last high school football game for the history books. The Heath kids will be giving it everthing they have to move on. Heath, Lone Oak, and Reidland will consolidate next year and become the new Mccracken County High school.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.