6A #9 Lafayette/ 4A #4 LexCath Predictions

Who wins this matchup?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Lafayette
    • Lexington Catholic

I think Lexington Catholic is the best team in Lexington. I think LexCath is at the very least equal to Bowling Green and BG took their starters out at the end of the 3rd quarter against Lafayette. This game will be no different.

Side note: Does Kyle Bolin have a little brother named Clay who plays football and attends Lafayette?

The Backyard Bowl!

Its not really a bowl game. But it is bragging rights for the Lexington Clays Mill Road corridor.

Both teams come off big losses. The game is at Lexington Catholic. Last year LexCath won on a field goal at the end of the game.

Who wins in this renewed rivalry?

I doubt this will be a runaway in any sense.

It is a rivalry. Lafayette is hungry for a win against LexCath.

LexCath has to adjust to being without defensive leader Alex Nash (out 4-6 weeks, separated shoulder) and LexCath needs to find its running game to obtain a balanced attack. Its not 7 on 7 out there now.

This may be a backyard brawl as much as a backyard bowl...

Interesting. So my comment that BG and LexCath are equal is erroneous or is it just because it is a rivalry game?

I just do not feel blow-out coming at all.

It depends on the Lafayette defense. If they can figure out how to slow the B/B express it could be a low scoring game and somewhat close. But Bolin hit almost 70% last week against some top DBs.

I think LexCath defense will hold Lafayette better than last year - even without Nash in the lineup.

So if score is in 20s it may be interesting. If LexCath gets to 35 or above then your prediction is likely I just doe not see Lafayette getting into the 30s.