Beverly Bandits Nationals

SSC

The Bandits finished tied for 13th at Premier Nationals. It was a little disappointing seeing we felt like we had a top 5 type team, but the girls still had a good week. The tourney had a blind draw which came back to hurt us seeing we would have been a 1 seed. We ended up getting the Corona Angels KK in the second round and they sent us to the loser bracket. We won several games and then got beat by CA lite who is a nice team but who is a team we feel like we should be more times than not, and we didn't beat them when it mattered.

On a side note the Corona Angels got beat in the finals by Team Mizuno in the finals. We did beat Team Mizuno in the Demarini in Chicago a couple weeks ago.

Madyson had a great week, she didn't get to hit as much as she would have liked but played lights out at SS the whole week. The Vegas part of the trip really sucked!!

The Bandits finished tied for 13th at Premier Nationals. It was a little disappointing seeing we felt like we had a top 5 type team, but the girls still had a good week. The tourney had a blind draw which came back to hurt us seeing we would have been a 1 seed. We ended up getting the Corona Angels KK in the second round and they sent us to the loser bracket. We won several games and then got beat by CA lite who is a nice team but who is a team we feel like we should be more times than not, and we didn't beat them when it mattered.

On a side note the Corona Angels got beat in the finals by Team Mizuno in the finals. We did beat Team Mizuno in the Demarini in Chicago a couple weeks ago.

Madyson had a great week, she didn't get to hit as much as she would have liked but played lights out at SS the whole week. The Vegas part of the trip really sucked!!

Congrats on a great season and a good showing at Nationals. Good luck in the future.

You should have kept your wallet back in the room then. :lol:

Congrats to Madyson and the rest of the team on a great tourney run. Looking forward to Madyson and Taylor's "run ins" during the high school season.

SSC what was the college coach situation, I'm assuming most were west coast and western schools. I know in Alabama there were alot of southeastern and midwest coaches. I had always heard about the number of coaches that went to ASA nationals, but it was truly amazing to see 10 to 15 coaches at our games.

Wish I could have made the trip. Congrats.

SSC what was the college coach situation, I'm assuming most were west coast and western schools. I know in Alabama there were alot of southeastern and midwest coaches. I had always heard about the number of coaches that went to ASA nationals, but it was truly amazing to see 10 to 15 coaches at our games.

I would say just about every BCS school was in attendence and most of mid majors on down. I saw as many east coast coaches as I did west coast. Between the 18, 16 and 14U divisons there were about 200 teams. The vast majority of those kids will be D1 players. In the 16 and 18u divisons most kids have already signed or verbaled but most coaches never stop recruiting there kids that verbal. For instance we had 3 teams there and all but 2 kids had either signed or verbaled. I didn't go the the 14U fields but I heard coaches were every where over there.

That being said most schools had coaches at both or the coaches spent the time between both. There were probably more coaches in AL bc of all the D2 and D3 schools present along with the vast majority of D1 schools. I didn't see one D2 or 3 coach in Cali. There are only 42 (i think) D1 schools west of the Mississippi river. Coaches will go where ever the players are doesn't matter what coast.

I loved playing in the ASA/USA nationals we did it for 4 years. Premier stated 3 years ago and changed the landscape of nationals bc most of the top teams go to Premier. Either way both are great tourneys, I am glad you guys got to play in front of coaches bc that is what it is all about.