Conner 10 Newport Central Catholic 1 9th Region Semi's

The 2012 season comes to a end for the Breds tonight as they just did not hit the ball. Elisabeth Sims was on her game as she allows only 3 hits. I'm sorry this report will not be as detailed as the rest, I gave the score sheet to Coach Hausfeld to enter all the stats to the Enquire. The Breds get their lone run in the 1st and also strand 2. They also get the 1st two aboard a few innings later, but are unable to get a run across. Conner takes advantage of pitcher Sarah Neace's inability to cover her position(sorry, just being brutally honest) to plate 3 in the 3rd and from there it was downhill for the Breds, although the Breds inability to get hits didn't help also. The Breds commit 3 errors in the game, 2 fielding and 1 throwing, all in one inning that led to Conner adding a few more in the run column. I will have to add in Ms. Neace's defense, she did an AWESOME job pitching this season with limited experience and look forward to next year after she gets more experience and training. And to top it all off she's a GREAT kid.

The Breds say goodbye to Senior starters Mehgan Millard, Paige Immegart, Rachel Hardesty. As well as, Kelsey Feeback, Hannah Jones, & Allison Steffen. This is the last group of girls that came into the NewCath softball program with ZERO fastpitch experience.

The Breds will return 6 starters next season in Sophomores to be, 2nd baseman Casey Kohls, shortstop Michaela Ware, 3rd baseman Loren Zimmerman, catcher Kristen Schreiber, pitcher Sarah Neace, and Junior to be leftfielder Taylor Burkart. In addition to So. Morgan Martini, Jr. Molly Mertle, and next year's lone senior Christina Enzweiler.

Congrats to the Breds for making it to Semi's.

Congrats to Conner for playing a well played game, as usual.

NewCath..1-3-3

Conner...10-10-1

When is the last time the 9th didn't have a matchup of Boone schools in the finals?

I believe this year's 9th region championship match up is the 8th consecutive year for - not only Boone County schools - but of Ryle vs Connor! You have to go back to 2004 to get a non-BC school, which was when Dixie won over Boone. I believe that was Patti O's last year as softball coach at Boone after having the Rebels in the finals for several years before she switched to Ryle.

When is the last time the 9th didn't have a matchup of Boone schools in the finals?

I believe this year's 9th region championship match up is the 8th consecutive year for - not only Boone County schools - but of Ryle vs Connor! You have to go back to 2004 to get a non-BC school, which was when Dixie won over Boone. I believe that was Patti O's last year as softball coach at Boone after having the Rebels in the finals for several years before she switched to Ryle.

Boone County is the only county with a good youth program. I know some of the Kenton County schools approached Knothole to get a fast patch program in full swing, and from what I've heard this spring, there are issues with the Campbell County program.

Boone County is the only county with a good youth program. I know some of the Kenton County schools approached Knothole to get a fast patch program in full swing, and from what I've heard this spring, there are issues with the Campbell County program.

Boone program has been strong for a while. I took my daughter over there to play.