Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hitting Style

Featured Replies

Personally, I'm not a fan of the split grip, but it obviously works for he girls he has there. They teed off on one of the best pitchers in the country last night in Dallas Escebedo.

I think there are 100 ways to hit, throw, catch, pitch, etc. I think if a coach says there is only 1 way to do things, then they are not much of a coach in my book. I say if it works, don't change a thing.:thumb:

  • Author
Personally, I'm not a fan of the split grip, but it obviously works for he girls he has there. They teed off on one of the best pitchers in the country last night in Dallas Escebedo.

 

And lets hope it works again tonight. It is a unique way of hitting and it does work for them. I think what is interesting about the whole thing is we are taught to swing through the ball and complete the swing and these kids are doing "half" swings and crushing the ball.

Looks like it would be hard to learn.

 

We work a lot on stopping at contact and stopping at extenison and that can be hard enough at times.

 

I heard they play almost all Jr's and senior's bc it takes so long to learn and they have 32 players on their roster which is a huge numer, most schools are around 20.

It teaches you to not overswing, which is where poor mechanics and posture occur...bat stays in the hitting zone more effectively.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.