Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ranking The 10th Region

Featured Replies

Honestly.....can you come up something original ? It is the post season after all.....:tax:

 

But it still makes me chuckle every time

Perhaps. I still think Brossart's losses to the aforementioned teams, sans Nicholas County, have been ugly (12-0 to Bracken, 16-0 to Harrison & 15-0 to Bourbon). But that's just my observation & they certainly have the opportunity to prove me wrong in the postseason.

 

Any upsets can happen, but I'm thinking the three teams most capable of stringing together three regional tournament wins are Montgomery, Bourbon & Harrison. Even then, though, Bourbon has to beat GRC just to advance to the region. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

 

I agree with your comments but I've seen every team play in the 10th except for GRC & Montgomery.I've seen Harrison & Bourbon look unbeatable at times but I've also seen them look very beatable. But I'm with you I cant wait for the regional .

Bourbon would appear to have the greater ability to hit for power than any of the others listed. Harrison hits well everywhere and defensively is very solid. Montgomery County has some great athletes and is very solid, but appears to be young. I'm taking Bourbon / Harrison 1-2......everyone else is hoping for somebody to fall down.....no disrespect to any of the other teams, they are just too young, not as strong on the big hitters and ultimately make too many mistakes in the field. Good luck to everyone in the next couple weeks.

 

Montgomery starts five seniors and two juniors, they are not young at all. They did however, lose their top pitcher to an arm injury. I've been told that she is done for the year. Montgomery does have experience on their side.

 

I think you can toss Montgomery, Harrison, and Bourbon in a hat and one of the three will emerge from the region. Bourbon appears to have the toughest road due to having to get past GRC in the district just to make the regional tournament. Threre are other teams capable of beating any of the top three....GRC, Nicholas, Bracken, or Brossart....but I don't think any of them are capable of winning three games in the regional tournament.

  • Author
I think you can toss Montgomery, Harrison, and Bourbon in a hat and one of the three will emerge from the region. Bourbon appears to have the toughest road due to having to get past GRC in the district just to make the regional tournament. Threre are other teams capable of beating any of the top three....GRC, Nicholas, Bracken, or Brossart....but I don't think any of them are capable of winning three games in the regional tournament.

 

This is basically what I'm thinking.

 

When did the Montgomery pitcher go down with the injury? I hate to hear that.

When did the Montgomery pitcher go down with the injury? I hate to hear that.

 

Not sure exactly when, but I believe it was sometime last week.

  • Author

37th District- Bishop Brossart vs. Campbell County (Championship tonight at 6:00 pm)

38th District- Nicholas County/Pendleton County vs. Harrison County (tournament tomorrow night at 4:30 & 6:00 pm)

39th District- Mason County defeated Bracken County

40th District- Bourbon County vs. Montgomery County (Championship tomorrow night at 6:00 pm)

 

Barring a major upset in the 38th, I see the 8 tourney teams being: Brossart, Campbell, Nicholas, Harrison, Mason, Bracken, Bourbon & Montgomery.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.